Cheats not working for 1 game only - all others work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by cmdixon, Aug 25, 2009.

1. cmdixon
    OP

Newcomer cmdixon Member

United States
    I posted this question on the cheats forum under Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, but then I figured it might be more appropriate here. I used r4cce to update the latest usrcheat.dat. I added the new Professor Layton game and the 2 codes that are listed in the cheat forum. I use this file on my TTDS in my DS Lite and it works just fine. When I use it on my son's Acekard 2i on his DSi, the cheats don't work. They show up and I can select them, but they don't appear to be working in the game. I've tried several other games and their cheats and they work fine.

Anyone know what I might have done wrong when I added the game and the codes to the usrcheat.dat?

2. REDmist12

Newcomer REDmist12 Member

United States
    same thing happened to me i have dowloaded mario kart for my dsi and lets say i want to be shy guy well i put that cheat in and it didnt work so wat i did was i updated my cheats or really coppied same cheat program agion and it worked but doing this sometime othergames cheats dont work [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i hope i helped

3. cmdixon
    OP

Newcomer cmdixon Member

United States
    I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that the professor layton game wasn't even in the cheat file to begin with - I had to add it, then add the game.

4. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hmm ... Not to say that you guys did anything wrong, but are you 100% sure you put in the right Game Code ? I've had a few experiences when you looked up the game online for the code, it isn't the same one as the game rom itself. Try that and see if it works.

5. cmdixon
    OP

Newcomer cmdixon Member

United States
    Do you know where I can find the game ID? I've googled and googled, but I can't seem to come up with it.

Thanks!

6. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

you must have already entered the GameID with r4cce, otherwise it would not be able to detect the cheats
    as for finding the GameID, open r4cce, click Add game, click on the ... icon then choose the nds file

and are you playing the same case or same stage on both cards where 1 is working while 1 is not?