acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I try to enable cheats in some games like GTA and Chessmasters, there is no option for cheats when I push Y. I updated the cheats databate but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
will your game happen to be patched?
if yes use r4cce to change the game id yourself
but you better hope the patch didn't alter the game adress

cheat wiki V0.07 said:
Where can I get r4cce? Google is your best friend or curley’s guide got a link to yasu’s home page

Why is it in Chinese or Japanese? What the hell is the readme for?

Want a guide with Pictures? Refer to Curley’s guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95774

b- What is Game ID and how to locate it via r4cce?

i)My explanation would be Game ID is the identity of a game! It should be unique and no two different games should share a same Game ID

ii)In order for the cheat codes to show up on your cheat menu, the Game ID of your database should be the same as your game’s Game ID! Otherwise you won’t see any codes on your cheat menu.

iii)A little addon from dsrules about game ID
"Game ID: is composed by two parts, the first 4 letters are for the game "Game code", the last 8 hexadecimal numbers for the game crc code, used for the match of the cheat and the corresponding game."

yes, M3Real also recognize the first 4 letters as the game id and the last 8 are ignored, that's why patched games with different crc code don't affect the M3Real or iTouch

iv)Common problem/mistake
For example a patched / dubbed rom’s Game ID might be different from the clean rom! If both the IDs are different it will cause cheats doesn’t show up on menu (this doesn't affect M3real or iTouch users)

v)Use the … function to locate the game ID! Where is the … ? It is in between of the Game ID and the Dup? button.

After Pressing the … button you will be presented a menu, locate your game and click OPEN. You will realized the default Game ID will change from ABCJ 12345678 to something else. This is the Game ID for Avalon Code YOGE 53AC1A52

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.