Cheats for Wii u (GC/WII)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Retroboy, May 29, 2017.

1. Retroboy
    OP

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    Hi Guys,

I have just got my hands on a wii u and got it set up to play wii u backups, wii and gamecube but for some reason i cant seem to get ocarina to load the cheats.

I can download them from the console itself and have ocarina enabled and even cheats turned on in nintendont, but when i select codes and boot the game the wii u tells me the cheat.gct cant be found.

i have even copied both the txt and the gct into the txtcodes directory and even copied them into the codes directory on the sd card and no luck (games are stored on a FAT32 USB HDD).

I have also been trying to get TCPGecko to run on the wii u side as i am very keen to start making my own codes but the guide i cant seem to get the pc app to connect to the wii u.

I have tried to follow the vidoe guides but i dont seem to have any luck, is there a simpler way to just load cheats for now or can it only be done remotely using the pc app.

2. Retroboy
    OP

May 28, 2015
    also if its ok to ask, some reason when i first set up i copied a GC game to my HDD and could see the icon from the main menu, but now all i see is a blank icon and i have to click it to see the main game screen.

3. Retroboy
    OP

May 28, 2015
    also is there a better way to play gc games, i find it very hard using the wiimote, i hear you can use a ps3 controller then other sites say no.

even with the wii u pro controller, can this be done if so i will go buy one because i really want to enjoy some of the gc titles with better display that the gc or wii cant provide.