dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Been using the SNES Emulator Snes9x GX on your Wii? Well I've gathered all of the CHT cheats to be used with Snes9x GX (should work with other ports of the emulator too). I've also renamed them so that you can tell which cheat goes with which game. Remember, as Snes9x GX is right now, you will have to rename these cheats to exactly the same name as the rom for the game you will be using them for except for the .CHT extension. Enjoy!

This is from the Readme for Snes9x Gx:
QUOTE said:
"place any cheat code files (optional) in the "\snes9x\cheats" directory"

"Once you load a game you can access another option menu by pressing the
"Home" button. This will bring up the Save, Load, Reset, Controller and
Cheats options."

"Cheats are loaded from the "\snes9x\cheats" directory and must be in the
SNES9X .CHT file format. They also must be named the same name as the game
you're playing with the .cht extentsion. An example would be if you have a
ROM called "Super Mario World.smc" you would need to name your .cht file to
"Super Mario World.cht". "

Download
Mirror

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
yah I know what you mean about changing the file names. I put in a request to Tantric and asked him to change it so that you can select a cheat file for the currently loaded rom, but who knows if he will ever add that feature or even read the request... we'll see i guess.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the rom name has something like "(U)" or "(!)" in front of it, do i include that in the renamed cheat file as well? Also, do you plan on releasing codes for JP games as well? Thanks for this too.

dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Korudo said:
If the rom name has something like "(U)" or "(!)" in front of it, do i include that in the renamed cheat file as well? Also, do you plan on releasing codes for JP games as well? Thanks for this too.

Yes, it has to be name exactly like the rom. There are a few cheats for Japanese games in this archive. I am trying to find a more complete list of cheats for import games, but most of them are probably on sites that are in a different language and I only speak English unfortunately. Cheatzilla is a site with a lot of cheats, but most of them are useless because the cheat descriptions are too long and get cut off so you can read what they do.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awww damn, no Demon's Crest. Is there any way to make my own .cht files so that they'd work with the SNES9x gx 4.0?

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Thanks a ton!
biggrin.gif

phlim2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turns out the Final Fantasy III (U) codes from here don't work correctly...

I've got this as my cheat list:

QUOTE said:
levels
nt show
APX-magic2

Has there been any troubles with other people's cheat lists?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .cht files are the exact same format that snes9x and zsnes use, if you have any skill in basic rom hacking (and in the case of most codes, anyone could do) you can always use either emu to make your own cheats to add.

I remember a few years back making a code for MMX3 to always be zero. Ahhh that was bad ass.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dohclude said:
Korudo said:

Yes, it has to be name exactly like the rom. There are a few cheats for Japanese games in this archive. I am trying to find a more complete list of cheats for import games, but most of them are probably on sites that are in a different language and I only speak English unfortunately. Cheatzilla is a site with a lot of cheats, but most of them are useless because the cheat descriptions are too long and get cut off so you can read what they do.

Try GSCentral.org. It has the largest known cheat code database in exsistance. Many of the codes there are also codes created by the many users of GSCentral.org and other related sites. It's the most complete database you will ever find on the web. It's database isn't currently in sync with the main Database but most of the SNES NES and other older game systems codes are all there.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i downloaded a cht file (that's actually the snes cheats not nes like it says) and put it in the menu appears in the game and i can select the cheats on and off but the only ones that works are infinite lives and walk faster? do you download them as raw, game geneie or action replay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning