ROM Hack cheats for patched Chinatown Wars?

grimreap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i was wondering if anyone knew how to get the action replay cheats to work with a patched version GTA: chinatown wars.
also i have searched these forums and google but cant find anything, also not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but seemed the most relevant out of all the DS forums.

Thanks

badmonkey32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use r4cce to open the cheat file and browse to the game on my R4 to get the crc for the patched game.
This works for most patched games. (even many of the translation patches)

09JU3X1g.png

be sure to pick the cheat for the game you patched (ie E or U)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grimreap said:
Hey i was wondering if anyone knew how to get the action replay cheats to work with a patched version GTA: chinatown wars.
also i have searched these forums and google but cant find anything, also not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but seemed the most relevant out of all the DS forums.

ThanksWhat does the patch do? Remove AntiPiracy checks?
If at all possible, use a clean ROM with AP code rather than a patched ROM.

QUOTE(badmonkey32 @ Nov 18 2009, 11:40 AM) I use r4cce to open the cheat file and browse to the game on my R4 to get the crc for the patched game.
This works for most patched games. (even many of the translation patches)

be sure to pick the cheat for the game you patched (ie E or U)
That -technically- works for ALL games.
But that doesn't mean the codes will work...
Or they'll function the intended way...
Or not corrupt your game.

When you patch a game some of the information gets changed/moved around, so the codes could possibly be modifying info they aren't intended to.
For example, back when I was working on translating Ragnarok Online DS some of the codes from the J version would work on the translated game, but others would have different effects (one of the codes for All Items ended up putting a piece of equipment in your weapon slot -- even if it was armor), while some would cause the game to lock up.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I patched my GTA: Chinatown Wars Rom and the Cheats work. Though one Cheat Code only works on a Specific Gun, and that's the Maniac Runner Speed code. Be aware that the Maniac Runner Speed code ONLY works when you are holding a Shot gun. If you're holding something else or holding nothing, the Maniac Runner code WILL NOT work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night