cheats for 3563 - Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Stardust Accelerator - World Championsh

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jrmsweitzer712, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jrmsweitzer712
    OP

Newcomer jrmsweitzer712 Newbie

United States
    Hi, I am new here, so if there is already a thread on this, i am sorry. I have downloaded the newest cheat database from the unofficial cheat compilation thread and have downloaded the rom for the yugioh game 3563 - Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Stardust Accelerator - World Championship 2009 (J)(iND), yet for some reason, on my R4, it doesn't recognize that there are cheats for the game. There is no press this button for the cheats. It has the gta cheats, but not yugioh. Does anyone know what is wrong? Anyone know how to fix this?

tl;dr: i have an R4, newest cheat database, and yugioh 2009 rom, but cant get cheats working for that yugioh game. halp?

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
  3. jrmsweitzer712
    OP

United States
    thanks, imma check it now, to see if that worked

4. jrmsweitzer712
    OP

United States
    thanks so much! it worked! now i can get unlimited DP!

5. josue277

Newcomer josue277 Newbie

Dominican Republic
    Ok now its 5 hours on the pc trying to get it work.
    Can u just pass me the files or what u did to make the cheats work on yugioh ds PLZ?

6. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia

7. deathninjako

Banned deathninjako Banned

United States
    I'm gonna download it right now

8. Arasynth

Newcomer Arasynth Newbie

Canada
    *DOUBLEPOST, PLZ DELETE* X.X

9. Arasynth

Newcomer Arasynth Newbie

Canada
    This game and one other are the only two games in my list of cheats. They are showing up, but despite my activating them, they are not actually altering the game in any way.

I've followed and double checked all the steps on this thread.

Edit: Awesome, I spoke too soon. I'm using the (U) version, not the (J) one.

10. elixirdream

Malaysia
    what are the codes that is not working for you?
    some codes require you to press SELECT, START or etc [​IMG]

11. Arasynth

Newcomer Arasynth Newbie

Canada
    None of them respond. I've tried them all. They're all active right now, and none of them are actually affecting the game. They're all on, and the DS is recognizing them, but it isn't actually affecting the game. I've pushed buttons that it tells me to to activate them, but that hasn't changed anything.

The version I'm using is 3833 - YGO 5Ds Stardust Accelerator - WC 2009 (U)(OneUp).NDS

Maybe that has something to do with it?

12. Fyga

Newcomer Fyga Advanced Member

United States
    People can't help if you don't answer what needs to be known, for instance elixirdream's question on which cheats aren't working for you.

If we knew, we could reply faster; like if it were the Instant Win cheat, some could tell you that you have to press Select before your opponent draws his starting hand, or during any of your Draw Phases if you press it right after you draw.

13. Slyde1052

Newcomer Slyde1052 Advanced Member

United States
    Nah, I'm having the same problem. Using the same ROM, my Cyclo recognizes the codes, allows me to select them, yet when I try to activate the code in-game (Namely the instant win code) by pressing the indicated button, nothing happens.

Perchance it is the exact dump of the ROM that is the problem?

EDIT: I just tried with a different dump, and the problem persists.

14. Fyga

United States
    More of the same problem & still people don't bother to answer the one question we can use to help; eventually this forum would just be too annoying to bear. [​IMG] Deal w/ the basics before assuming it's a dump issue. But hey, at least you listed 1 cheat you're having problems w/.

No, the dump is not the problem. If you used Google or some search, you'd find on several boards that (U) & (E) YGO:WC09's Instant Win cheat does not always work; it works on some duelists but not others, or it just happens "randomly."

Since you're already downloading other dumps, you may as well get the (J) version, rename your (U) .SAV for (J), & use the 100% working Instant Win cheat there. All 3 versions have the same languages available, and you could rename your .SAV back to (U) if you want to when you're done.

15. elixirdream

Malaysia
    Thanks Fyga! the problem here is you guys have to be descriptive
    try to tell us the exact situation
    codes don't work? what didn't work? which code didn't work? how it didn't work?
    lots of possibilities over there
    at the end of the day it could just be the code is buggy or all the codes are buggy

16. Arasynth

Newcomer Arasynth Newbie

Canada
    [​IMG]

Excuse me, not to be rude, but I DID tell you what the problem was. You want me to write you a list of every single code in the game and say " This doesn't do this when I tell it to. "?

I quote my own post when I say.

" None of them respond. I've tried them all. "

When I say none of them respond, I mean ALL OF THEM. Instant Win, Have all Cards, have all clothes. EVERYTHING doesn't work.

How much more descriptive do you want me to be about the problem?

I turn on my gameboy. My screen comes up, I go down to YGO!. The little CHEAT! menu appears below. I click on it. I open the game cheat window, go down the cheat list activating them one by one, reading below whether or not it requires to push start, select, and at what given times, and then saving and closing the menu. I then click the game, and it starts. I watch the shiny intro of the card flashing at the beginning, and the it comes to NEW GAME or CONTINUE. I push new game, follow the ingame startup list of my name, and hair / clothes choice. I hit accept, and come to 5Ds Story Mode or WC. Ah! Well, here's where one of the codes said " PUSH SELECT " to activate all clothes, max DP, so on and so forth. So, I push the button. I then select WC mode so I can bask in the glory of my cheating ways. I open my character sheet, eager to modify him, and what ho? 5Ds standard disk is my only selection? And why do I only have 1500 DP? Am I not supposed to have max? I'm sure I did exactly what the cheat told me to do. Perhaps the cheat simply doesn't spend your points? Aha! To the card shop! I pick my packs, and click accept. But wait, my DP points just dropped. And now I can't buy anymore packs. What the heck is going on here?

Thus I come here seeking aid, reading the site in detail, double checking the .DAT file thanks to elixirsdream's original posts when he first helped me with my cheat database problem. I look at this thread assuming that it may leed to some solutions, and when it doesn't, ask myself if someone has a suggestion or help.

Is that descriptive enough for you? [​IMG] I wasn't being elusive; none of the cheats are working for me for some reason. They show up in the menu, they can be activated in the cheat menu, but when in the full game, do not modify the game the way they say they're supposed to. I've tested them all, one at a time or all at one. Since I tested them all, and verified that my cheat data was accurate, I queried if the dump was potentially an issue. I wasn't assuming it was the problem, I was hazarding a guess.

17. elixirdream

Malaysia
    chill my friend [​IMG]
    explaining things in such manner is damn helpful and this is what i actually need just to understand what went wrong
    is it end user or the cheat
    trust me i do appreciate this alot~!
    so don't be mad~!

i will be investigating and if you could just do us one last favour!
    list down all non working codes from cheats.gbatemp.net database

i will assume
    your rom is U
    you are using codes from U (you didn't change the game id and etc)

[​IMG]

18. Slyde1052

Newcomer Slyde1052 Advanced Member

United States
    Heh. You know what? Had a big post here with all the details you could want. But it's just not worth it. Not if we're going to be yelled at for seeking even a modicum of assistance.

To: ElixirDream: Thank you for all you do.

To: Fyga: Fygoff.

19. Fyga

United States
    Pretty much saying the same thing here. I myself have the (U), & deleted my .SAV to test it after seeing this thread. What happens is not all codes are successful.

I started off w/ using Max DP. Doesn't work.
    Next I reset & add in All cards and press START @ the Story/WC menu. Still nothing works.
    Third time, I trial but add in All Clothes, Disks, & Opponents and press START/SELECT @ the Story/WC menu. I go to the WC menu; nothing worked. Before turning it off, I press START/SELECT here too. Then I hit B to back out to the Story/WC menu, hit START/SELECT again, go back in WC. And what? All cards, Duel Disks, & Opponents, but no new clothes and still the Max DP code does not work. Only half of 'em worked that time & I don't even know how or which menu was the right place to hit STA/SEL, I just spammed it [​IMG]
    I don't bother testing Instant Win b/c it's already been confirmed to not have a 100% success rate; check kodewerx, gameFAQs, Google, etc. for more discussions.

So now the idea that the cheats may be faulty/inaccurate are not totally wrong (at least their comments/descriptions) & tests can be done by elixirdream, others, or I.

But moving onto if it's an issue of a dump, could you recall where you received said dump, Arasynth? No link. No site name allowed. May be hard to answer but help depends on how valid/true such sites are [​IMG]

@Slyde1052: If being mad will make you post a descriptive wall of text then be mad, don't edit out your post. At the end of the day we get more productive results. Plus say "F.y." next time, it would be more insulting b/c they stand for what you think in my username [​IMG]

20. elixirdream

Malaysia
    ok thanks ~!
    thats good
    mrfatso and i will looked into it~!

i will fix some of the codes if possible
    the feedback will be done in 36 hours time [​IMG]

EDIT: i had made those faulty yugioh codes! basically i would say all those bloody codes are faulty and fxxxxx up!
    refer to the following link for codes -> http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic....=14&start=0

the funny part is.. one of the code is PRESS SELECT to activate yet the instruction was START!
    thats freaking hilarious