Hacking cheats dont come up on my R4 for GTA DS

basher11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help me please. i cant press Y for the cheat menu for GTA chinatown wars. ive downloaded R4cce and enabled everything and saved it to my R4 but it still wont come up. HELP!

RE-EDIT: Never mind guys. i used gbatemp's usrcheat.dat thing and put it in my R4. it works now. I had a CHEAT.DAT and a usrcheat.dat too. so i deleted CHEAT.DAT. and it worked.

akash86

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know y, i had the same problem, open r4cce and then open ur cheat file. sort by title in item, or by country. if u do by country, erase everything but (U), cuz ur in usa. then clik on gta chinatown wars, and next to the id clik "..." and select ur game file. save. done!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you have the patched version of the game or you patched it yourself? In that case, just use the R4CCE and change the game ID to the correct one.

lledyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
akash86 said:
i know y, i had the same problem, open r4cce and then open ur cheat file. sort by title in item, or by country. if u do by country, erase everything but (U), cuz ur in usa. then clik on gta chinatown wars, and next to the id clik "..." and select ur game file. save. done!
thanks that solved it for me!

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^already bee answered

the reason WHY you can't open it is because you using a bad cheat file... most likely the old one from a year back.

r4izthebest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes the Game ROM that you have on your R4 may have the wrong GAME ID. Try sending a Game ROM to a Folder on your computer and use R4CCE to open your CHEAT.DAT or USRCHEAT.DAT. (If you want an Updated Cheat Code File go to: cheats.gbatemp.net to download it there.) Once you open your CHEAT file, using R4CCE, scroll down and find the game that you want to change the GAME ID. Press on the Game and at the Right Column of the R4CCE it gives you information about the game, including the Game ID. Next to the Game ID it has this thing: " ... " Press on that and a Folder File will pop up. Now try finding the Game ROM that you sent from the R4. Once you found the game Double Click it and it'll put a New GAME ID. After that, You're Ready to Play.
gbasp.gif
(Responding to: "How do I change the GAME ID? Posted by Basher 11)

r4izthebest

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(Responding to: "when i want to change my cheats its says:

R4 Cheat Editor doesnt work. and then its close" posted by: construction)

The R4 Cheat Editor from any of the official R4 sites DOES NOT open your CHEAT/USRCHEAT.DAT for some reason. You can try R4CCE (R4 Cheat Code Editor) Go to this link to download R4CCE: http://home.usay.jp/pc/soft_en.html. The R4CCE lets you open the CHEAT files, etc. I hoped this had helped you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche