Hacking Cheats and RTS won't work on my R4i Gold Revolution

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my R4i Gold from nds-card.com (R4i Gold 3DS Revolution) and they had loaded the firmware/etc onto the MicroSD for me. It's been working fine, except that the Rts and cheats don't work. At first the cheats would show up and let me pick some to enable, but the cheats would have absolutely no effect in the game. Now it just freezes whenever I press 'X' to go into the cheat selection. At this point I have to hit the HOME button and reboot the card. And the RTS mode doesn't work. Whenever I press 'LRABXY' to go to the RTS menu, the following options are shown: 'Save', 'Load', 'Reset', and 'Exit'. Choosing 'Save' or 'Load' freezes my card. Choosing 'Reset' closes the game and sends me back to the ROM selection screen. Choosing 'Exit' resumes the game. Atm I've disabled the RTS menu since it doesn't work. Could the fact that all my roms are trimmed (to save space) have any effect on the issues I'm having? Also, on a related note, could ROM patches (like translation or AP patches) affect the functionality of cheats?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First of all, you should enable cheats in the global settings.
For RTS, when choosing SAVE or LOAD, you shoul wait for sever seconds which depends on your tf card.
You should also enable RTS in the global setting first of all.

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone was wondering, it turned out my SD Card was corrupt. I used my PC to correct it and now my cheats work.
I haven't tried RTS because Save States are too large for my 2GB card (the entire space on the card , except .sav files, is used for roms).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1