Hacking Cheats and AR on the R4

JetBlckHrt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am very confused. I'm getting my R4 for my B-day and I was wondering is it was possible to use the R4 to cheat on an originally owned game, or can you only use the cheats on roms that a person has downloaded?

I have pokemon diamond, I have finished it and I've done everything, now I want to use AR codes for getting the event pokemon and other things, but if I ever want to do that will I have to have the rom and start a brand new game just to access that stuff?

is there anyway then to boot my pokemon diamond save game to my PC and then load it on a pokemon diamond rom and carry on from there, because I am really not keen on doing everything all over...

I have also heared about a thing called pokesav or something. can I use that to cheat my way to getting back to where I was? (i.e. beat elite 4, fought everybody cheat for all my pokemon back, etc)

please help, because I am very confused
wacko.gif

cyklo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can buy standalone AR kits from Datel themselves, for use with real games.

Alternatively, if you have an R4 already, have a look for an app called savsender. It's a bit fiddly and requires a wireless network, but it worked grand for me and lets you dump the save from any official cart to a .sav that's compatible with the R4

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yep, here is a tutorial for Savsender.
smile.gif

It's for the CycloDS Evo, but where it says CycloDS in bold just assume it's an R4. It's practically the same thing (both use external memory).

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a homebrew app that works just like a normal AR. So you can use it with real games. but I've forgotten the name. ^^"

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so I could use that homebrew Nitro Hax thing on my original game, without having to boot the save to a rom?

Yeah, I think so.

Edit: It's best to transfer the save to a rom, because you can use PokeSAV that way.
smile.gif
(And you can on an original with Savsender, just takes a lot more work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk