Cheating on GBA Exploder

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 8BitWalugi, Mar 25, 2008.

Mar 25, 2008

Cheating on GBA Exploder by 8BitWalugi at 2:34 AM (4,368 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    is it possible to use codes on gba games using gba exploder?

2. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    I assume you mean cheat with the Xploder with a flash cart? (Since cheating with GBA originals is obviously it's function.) It depends on what cart you have since they all behave differently. If it is an old cart like a Flash2Advance (or has similar hardware like a Firelinker, eWin) then it is more apt to work. If it boots up to a nice interface (not a simple text menu to select the game) then it is very probable that it won't work because of address problems and/or the cheat code getting written over by the loader -- but most every flash cart that has a nice interface supports built in cheats anyway. If nothing else you could always use GABSharkY.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    If you are referring to GBA ExpLoader, then no. The only way to use cheats with GBA ExpLoader is to hack them into the rom (like a trainer), or use cheats on an emulator like VBA, save the game, then transfer the save to GBA ExpLoader.

4. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    oh... is there another gba program for ds that's capable of using cheats? ive tried Ez Flash 3 -in-1 Expanison Pack Tools but it cant pick up my 3-in-1. ive also tried NDStation v1.1 and it doesnt pick up my 3-in-1. and with GABsharky i heard something about a virus related to it and my computer is already screwed up as it is. please help! p.s i also started a topic with uestions i need answered.
    Clicky!

5. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    IIRC v1.1 of GABSharkY did in fact have a virus but not on purpose (the author had a virus and it attached itself to the .exe). He released a clean version of 1.1 and then later on v1.2 (the last) so don't worry about it being infected.

6. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    i tried using GABsharkY but it didnt work. any alternatives?

7. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    That's a pretty vague description in how it failed to work. What game were you trying to cheat on and what codes were you using?

8. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    i wast trying to use it on red rescue team. i entered the codes like this:

so on. except they were real codes.

9. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Well I need the real codes in order to help any. The only codes that GABSharkY can use are CodeBreaker type '3' codes. More than likely you are trying to use AR/GS1/2 codes and those won't work -- encrypted or not. Use CodeBreaker codes instead. You will need CBAcrypt and GBACCC to convert (some of) the codes to the type '3' codes that GABSharkY can use.