Cheating ... (n00b question?)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by IOwnAndPwnU, Aug 3, 2008.

Aug 3, 2008
  1. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I have the AK2 and was wondering if I use the cheats, does it affect my gameplay, like I can't finish story mode or something or I can't play online because I cheated.

Example: I start my file in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. Since I don't want to waste my time leveling up, I use EXP cheats. Can I still play Wi-Fi / complete story mode/unlock everything?

I want to know this before I start using cheats. Also, I wasn't sure what forum, so I just posted here.

Thanks

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Depends on what cheats you use. EXP codes generally aren't game-breaking, so you'll be fine.

3. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    The only possible problems would be the game crashing from too many codes or glitchy codes.

4. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah. Normally, the game will have no way to know you're cheating, although I do believe some games take the time to strip obvious cheats from high-score lists and so forth (people with impossible-to-obtain-legitimately scores, say.) You probably don't want to get caught like that, but otherwise you're fine.

5. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    Please don't use cheated pokemons online though, or use them only if you are using the EXP cheats to save time and not to create monster pokemons.

6. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Depends on what cheat you use. Try to use your logic and think will that cheat of yours affect story? Usually cheats like "Moving through Walls" will spell problem. I did use that cheat, defeated League Champion, and she said in Mt. ? I'm powerful too, and I forgot I didn't went there. So I can't make those people at the top disappear....

Try not to use PokeDex cheat too, and mining cheat, otherwise you should be fine

7. Trippy

Member Trippy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most cheats are ok but I guess they kinda ruin the story.

8. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    Cheating while playing online will break your DS [​IMG]

9. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Yeah, I just wanted to save time by using cheats like EXP. And don't worry, I don't cheat online. That doesn't require skill. [​IMG]