OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Hi

I use my R4 card and my EZ 3-in-1 to play gba games. I was wondering if there was a way to use gameshark or codebreaker codes? For DS games I can copy over my savegame, run the game in an emulator, use cheat, save, convert save and copy back but it doesn't really seem like that works for gba games
unsure.gif

Can anyone help me through this?

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I really never new you can play gba games on an r4........ How do you?
rolleyes.gif
.... I'm sorry.... I don't know the answer to your question.

markvn

Trophies
Website
homebrewds.websitemaker.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know. I also have a question about this: How to cheat original gba games on R4? By the way you use cheats for the ds games is very difficult, just download urscheat.dat from de gbatemp database and place it into the system folder, and then in the menu there should be a button for cheats (u can also press Y). Using cheats so easily was just the reason why I bought a R4 (Now I have a EZ Flash Vi). I hope besides I couldn't help you, this post was very handy for you.

(for more questions about R4, send me a PM)

Spongeroberto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
nadoon said:
I really never new you can play gba games on an r4........ How do you?
rolleyes.gif
.... I'm sorry.... I don't know the answer to your question.

If you have an EZ 3-in-1 gba card you just put your gba roms on your r4 card and play them like nds roms. Unless the gba roms are really big in which case you have to hard-write them to the 3-in-1 and boot the gba slot.

markvn said:
I don't know. I also have a question about this: How to cheat original gba games on R4? By the way you use cheats for the ds games is very difficult, just download urscheat.dat from de gbatemp database and place it into the system folder, and then in the menu there should be a button for cheats (u can also press Y). Using cheats so easily was just the reason why I bought a R4 (Now I have a EZ Flash Vi). I hope besides I couldn't help you, this post was very handy for you.

(for more questions about R4, send me a PM)
I know about the regular cheat method on R4 but for some cheats to edit things I find it easier to do on the computer using an emulator because I can use save states to quickly undo any mistakes.

QUOTE(SylvWolf @ Sep 2 2009, 04:36 PM)
The best way I've found is with GABSharky, an app that lets you put codes right into games permanently. Here's a couple links:

GABSharky Tutorial

Tutorial to Convert Codes

You can also look up the Stevens Cheating Guide, that's a nice little guide.

That should help you out.
Thanks! I'll look into it!

Update

I managed to get it working! I used visualboyadvance to load my .sav, use the cheat, and save again (resulting in a different .sav). If I moved the new savegame over to my micro SD card, it normally didn't work, but the trick was to highlight the game on my DS and press Y to copy the savegame over to my 3-in-1 or something... not sure what happened, but it worked!

Thanks a lot, all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...