Cheating in GBA games using R4 and EZ 3-in-1

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Spongeroberto, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Spongeroberto
    OP

Member Spongeroberto GBAtemp Regular

Bhutan
    Hi

I use my R4 card and my EZ 3-in-1 to play gba games. I was wondering if there was a way to use gameshark or codebreaker codes? For DS games I can copy over my savegame, run the game in an emulator, use cheat, save, convert save and copy back but it doesn't really seem like that works for gba games [​IMG]

Can anyone help me through this?

2. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    I really never new you can play gba games on an r4........ How do you? [​IMG] .... I'm sorry.... I don't know the answer to your question.

3. markvn

Member markvn GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I don't know. I also have a question about this: How to cheat original gba games on R4? By the way you use cheats for the ds games is very difficult, just download urscheat.dat from de gbatemp database and place it into the system folder, and then in the menu there should be a button for cheats (u can also press Y). Using cheats so easily was just the reason why I bought a R4 (Now I have a EZ Flash Vi). I hope besides I couldn't help you, this post was very handy for you.

(for more questions about R4, send me a PM)

4. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    The best way I've found is with GABSharky, an app that lets you put codes right into games permanently. Here's a couple links:

GABSharky Tutorial

Tutorial to Convert Codes

You can also look up the Stevens Cheating Guide, that's a nice little guide.

That should help you out.

5. Spongeroberto
    OP

Member Spongeroberto GBAtemp Regular

Bhutan
    Thanks! I'll look into it!

Update

I managed to get it working! I used visualboyadvance to load my .sav, use the cheat, and save again (resulting in a different .sav). If I moved the new savegame over to my micro SD card, it normally didn't work, but the trick was to highlight the game on my DS and press Y to copy the savegame over to my 3-in-1 or something... not sure what happened, but it worked!

Thanks a lot, all!