Gaming Cheat to make Platinum think gba game is in gba slot?

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says, does one exist? E.g a cheat that makes pokemon platinum think that fire red is inserted in the gba slot, so that I can catch growlithe.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i don't think so
whatever we have is in the cheat database
unless this code is hidden somewhere "_

Ryupower said:
the the PC app. pokeSave to edit your save
or
the battle any pokemon code using the calc app

you can consider Ryupower's suggestion
smile.gif

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't cheat, If I did the game would be totally boring. But I might try ryupower's suggestion about using the battle any pokemon code, since that feels more legit. I guess that would be legit as the pokemon would be legit and what difference does it make, I'll even stand on rt. 201 just to make it feel more "legit".

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use Pokesav...it isn't cheating, its sort of hacking...in a good sense. YOu can just load up your save, and then hit the PalPark button (if i recall well) and then add the Pokemon you want to appear in the PalPark

hit save, and then restore your save back to your card, head towards the Pal Park and you should eb able to catch those pokemon
make sure to make backups of your save file first

more info : http://projectpokemon.org/

EDIT: Just rechecked, doesn't seem that the Pal Park option is availbel for pokesav platinum

sorry dude, your better off with Prof. 9 suggestion

meh just go ahead and use AR codes, hacking/cheating (same thing) but different method of applying.

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
Use Pokesav...it isn't cheating, its sort of hacking...in a good sense. YOu can just load up your save, and then hit the PalPark button (if i recall well) and then add the Pokemon you want to appear in the PalPark

hit save, and then restore your save back to your card, head towards the Pal Park and you should eb able to catch those pokemon
make sure to make backups of your save file first

more info : http://projectpokemon.org/
Thanks, I guess I'll do that then
biggrin.gif

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I remember correctly, PokéSav does something to your save so that you can see it was hacked (something with trash bytes or PID's, not sure. It might be on Smogon) if you open up the save with a hex editor. I could be wrong though. Anyway, if you really want to do it the legit way, you can try DeSmuMe; it has a function that allows you to load a GBA rom+save into the GBA slot.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eon-Rider said:
There is no Pal Park feature in the Platinum version of Pokesav if I recall correctly.

Same, i think it's because back then when i tried i got the early release for platinum.

but any how it is possible through pokesav, that's all i know

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prof. 9 said:
If I remember correctly, PokéSav does something to your save so that you can see it was hacked (something with trash bytes or PID's, not sure. It might be on Smogon) if you open up the save with a hex editor. I could be wrong though. Anyway, if you really want to do it the legit way, you can try DeSmuMe; it has a function that allows you to load a GBA rom+save into the GBA slot.

Apart from this, I don't think it's actually possible to trick a game into thinking there's a game in the GBA slot. Because it has to actually access data right off the GBA cart...

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Prof. 9 said:
That's absolutely perfect!
biggrin.gif

I had searched around for something like that but I hadn't really found anything. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou