Hacking Cheat related problem?

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured out the cheat thing but I have another problem.

I can't get Ultimate Mortal Kombat to work now >: O.

I tried messing around with the patching options

I tried holding A while loading

I tried holding X while loading

It hands on the Acekard "loading" screen no matter what I do.

Yet it works on R4...

I'm getting annoyed at this flashcart already >_>

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I also have AK2i and had that problem when i edited cheats to make them work with a hacked rom.

This seems to happen when some cheats are errored or if there are duplicates.(this makes all cheats below not show)

Open a .xml version of the cheats and delete duplicates or unneccesary cheats.

Another thing which sometimes works is if when the rom is highlighted go to menu and click cheats.
If none are found go to selected database and select the database your cheats are in (usrcheat.dat/cheat.dat). Then click rebuild.

This doesnt work try opening your sd on the computer and deleting the contents of the CC file. dont worry i think that it is just selected cheats save files. I believe they can act up somethimes when new cheats are put in.

What should DEFINATELY solve your problem is to delete the cheat file. Make sure no cheat file is called USRCHEAT.DAT

Then on your AK2i go to start menu>more and wifi update. Select USRCHEAT.DAT and press update database.

It will connect to wifi and download the latest USRCHEAT from GBAtemp which will automatically work.

(BTW: AKAIO 1.5 is out if you dont have it.just letting you know)

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is I don't think the latest USRCHEAT.DAT has these codes for UMK, I'm pretty sure because they seem to work on Wifi [I don't use them like that, I use a cheat that makes it so when you go to single player, you fight a "dummy" so it's like training mode so I train combos and what not].

>_>

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
DarkMario616 said:
I'm trying to activate some AR codes for MKU but only 2 out of like 10 show up.

On my old R4 they all showed up and worked fine. On my new Acekard 2i, only 2 show up...and I have about 10 :/

Why won't they show up? Any reasoning behind this? Using AKAIO.

Edit: Tried messing around with settings, so now when I click "cheats" in the start menu, the little SD card icon just keeps flashing, been like that for a while >_>
CHOOSE the Database (DB where you store the new codes)
HIT the REBUILT button!!!

Freezing?
i will assume this is what you did on r4cce
add game - add code and save
you should try sorting it before you save

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't click rebuild if I can't even select cheats...

When I select cheats...the little sd card icon just flashes >_> and stays like that. Can't stop it or anything without shutting off the DS.

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkMario616 said:

When I select cheats...the little sd card icon just flashes >_> and stays like that. Can't stop it or anything without shutting off the DS.

if you select cheats from system menu it sometimes lets you click rebuild.

you sed gbatemp doesnt have the cheats. so download the .xml and add the extra cheats you want using an editor

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
DarkMario616 said:

this is why i say..
did you SORT the games on R4cce after adding them

lilaznshaiboi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, it appears we have the same problem because when I select 'cheats' the SD icon flashes and freezes as well. I've tried selecting cheats with the cheat.dat, usercheat.dat and the xml cheats. The freezing occurs with both cheat.dat and usercheat.dat while the xml just says there are no cheats at all.
I've tried deleting unwanted codes to save space, i've tried sorting the codes as well but nothing is working.
Also, this happened on both AKAIO 1.5 and AKAIO 1.6RC.
Additional info: cheats worked out fine when i first entered them with r4cce but later when i added new codes and tried to rebuild the cheats from the cheats menu in the acekard, all but the first few cheats disappeared. is there a solution to that as well?
this was all on the acekard 2 and on both AKAIO 1.5 and AKAIO 1.6RC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning