Hacking Cheat Plugin Problem

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have firmware version 6.60 pro b10 and have gone to the recovery mode to enable the GAME and POPS versions of CWcheat and TempAR. Yet when I load an iso file and click the hotkey combination to activate the plugin, nothing happens. What are the possible explanations for this? and are there any actual applications that can be used for cheats, rather than plugins. Thanks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The PSP only runs one application at a time, so that's why plugins are used for things like this, since apps cannot.

Use ONE cheat plugin per game mode. For TempAR, make sure the combo is L+R+Home. Also make sure plugins for GAME and such are on globally (there's a global option outside the individual options in the recovery menu).

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP only runs one application at a time, so that's why plugins are used for things like this, since apps cannot.

Use ONE cheat plugin per game mode. For TempAR, make sure the combo is L+R+Home. Also make sure plugins for GAME and such are on globally (there's a global option outside the individual options in the recovery menu).

Wouldn't think the answer to this question would be yes, but do the files need to be transferred via USB cable? or can the files simply be sent to the memory stick.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The USB cable is just an easier way to manage the memory stick (especially since with CFW it can charge the PSP as well), so as long as you have the files on the stick correctly it doesn't matter how they were put there.

Do the plugins show up in the plugins section of the recovery menu?

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB cable is just an easier way to manage the memory stick (especially since with CFW it can charge the PSP as well), so as long as you have the files on the stick correctly it doesn't matter how they were put there.

Do the plugins show up in the plugins section of the recovery menu?

Plugins show up in the recovery menu. But for whatever reasons once I let the game load completely, and I'm at the point where it says press start to enter main menu, I attempt to press the hot key combo and nothing happens. what are the possible remedies for this? i've also attempted to download the program from a new source, with this not helping either.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are plugins globally enabled still? Not just individually, but there's global settings for POPS/GAME/VSH plugin categories somewhere in the recovery menu.

Make sure the entry line in GAME.TXT is pointing to the right locations of the VSH, relative to the root of the memory stick.

Plugins are enabled globally. and i'm a bit confused as to what you mean with pointing to the right locations of the VSH. the game.txt entry reads "ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1".

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are plugins globally enabled still? Not just individually, but there's global settings for POPS/GAME/VSH plugin categories somewhere in the recovery menu.

Make sure the entry line in GAME.TXT is pointing to the right locations of the VSH, relative to the root of the memory stick.

Plugins are enabled globally. and i'm a bit confused as to what you mean with pointing to the right locations of the VSH. the game.txt entry reads "ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1".
No he means in advanced for the vsh menu, are the pops, xmb, game plugins enabled (they're 3 options)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't the TemparAR activation choice R+Home rather than L+R+Home?

Anyhow that's probably the better choice for testing as the menu is immediate rather than requiring a continuous depression like CWCheat does (with the select button).

Reactions: 1 person

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wasn't the TemparAR activation choice R+Home rather than L+R+Home?

Anyhow that's probably the better choice for testing as the menu is immediate rather than requiring a continuous depression like CWCheat does (with the select button).
The only downside (which is for the best really) is that you can't use tempar with pro online.
The infrastructure is full of cheaters so it's better this way.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't get me wrong, i still use CWCheat more than TempAR because i wasn't aware that TempAR could use multiple text documents for each game (whilst CWCheat can), so whilst TempAR is nicer, if you just want a cheat engine to read documents then the ability to use multiple files wins it for me.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try disabling cwcheat and enabling just TempAR for GAME, make sure that the location is correct (that the path to the PRX is correct, there's no extra folders).

alright i apologize for all the fuss. i finally got cwcheats working after downloading from a fourth different source. anyways i could use an updated cheat database for cwcheats, as there are currently no cheats for ape escape or resistance. if there are no updated cheat files with these two games, would it be possible to implement the cheat files from another program into cwcheats?

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you still want an updated database; here you go. Has cheats for both of those games. http://ge.tt/api/1/f...1/blob?download

Thanks a lot for the link. problem is when i try to apply the cheat for resistance the game freezes. is this a game where freezing while using cwcheat tends to occur. also i only applied one cheat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night