Neonixx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good Day everybody,

I think you are all telling me NOOB FUCKK OFF READ STICKY N00BZZ0RSS 1337!! because i'm stuck at the point of cheating on my NDS, but i already looked everywhere and dindn't came to a conclusion what i did wrong or what to do next.
My problem is: when i want to cheat on a game (i'll take pokemon platinum (U) for example) it wont show up the Cheat (Y) button. I do have a _DS_MENU fix, fixed it myself AND got a pre-fix from this forum, but it won't show up. I have the USRCHEAT.dat in the _system folder, still won't show up. But the odd thing is, for some games it will show up. Since i bought myself a R4, this games pop up with CHEAT (Y) button, but other games simply won't. I have tried many things as far, but i haven't been able to cheat on other games which i would like to give a go. I tried the USRCHEAT.dat and CHEAT.dat (not at same time, i was told it wouldn't work) but none of them worked (latest versions)

I don't understand anything about YSMenu, i would like to give it a try when somebody explains it to me and how to get it. I got the YSmenu folder completly, did everything the tutorial said and put it on my R4 Card (In one YSMenu folder and everything in the root) but it freezes at the Loading... if you put it in the root and if you put it in one folder it says _DS_MENU not found.

Would anybody have a solution to my dissapointment?

Yours Sincerely,

Neonixx.

gamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
hello

download r4cce
"put" your usrcheat.dat on the r4cce window program.

when the list of all games is displayed, delete all games you don't have (it's a bit long, i have done it too), and keep games you have.
in an other words, "clean" the usrcheat.dat file to your personnal games you have.

it will work after that.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
cheat wiki V0.06 said:
Where can I get r4cce? Google is your best friend or curley’s guide got a link to yasu’s home page

Why is it in Chinese or Japanese? What the hell is the readme for?

r4 users potential problems

This section is intended for r4 original users! Those who are using the red box, SDHC, ultra, super or whatever damn clone! Please fuck off!

If you are using r4 original firmware, there is a bug that prevents all the game codes in certain database to be displayed! If any of you are using gbatemp cheat database you will realise that games like pokemon, valkyrie profile, suikoden, yugioh doesn’t display on your cheat menu even though the codes are included in the database.

Thanks to the bug limit you can have only 800 games in the database and the size of the database should not exceed 4.0mb. Anything that goes above the limit will not show on your r4 cheat menu.

There are a few quick solutions
i) Yasumenu
ii) Delete games that you don’t play
iii) make sure there is only 1 game in the database
iv) manage your own database

The best solution of all is Yasumenu! Why yasumenu? It got a better game compatibility than r4 official firmware and it will display all the cheats.

Useful link for how to obtain a copy of Yasumenu

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=10387

r4 users on how to manage your own database

To manage your database you can try the following:-

Launch 2 r4cce
One is the cheat database
One is a new database (you can launch 2 cheat database and choose FILE - NEW to make one of the cheat database to become a NEW and EMPTY database)

Go to r4cce – cheat database
On the Left Menu where you see all the games
Just click on the game you want and copy (ctrl+c)

Go to r4cce – new database
Click On the Left Menu and paste the game you copied!
The game and codes should then appear on your empty database

If you are using cheat.dat
a- Go to Item – All Games ON/OFF – choose All Games ON (1)
b- Click on the first line of the Left Menu (it should be the line that contain a blue r4 icon )
c- You will see Database Title, Cheat Enable and Encrypt File
d- Make sure Cheat Enable and Encrypt File is TICKED
e- Go to File – SAVE AS – choose the save as type as R4 Cheat DB(*.dat) and file name should be cheat.dat – click SAVE
f- Insert it to the _system_ folder of your r4 and you are ready to go
smile.gif

If you are using usrcheat.dat
a- Go to Item – All Games ON/OFF – choose All Games ON (1)
b- Click on the first line of the Left Menu (it should be the line that contain a blue r4 icon )
c- You will see Database Title, Cheat Enable and Encrypt File
d- Make sure Cheat Enable is TICKED
e- Go to File – SAVE AS – choose the save as type as Cheat Database(*.dat;*.evoCheats;*.db;*.xml) and file name should be usrcheat.dat – click SAVE
f- Insert it to the folder where you store your cheats and you are ready to go

Neonixx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I tried to use r4cce and deleted everything exept the pokemon game, and i put it on my r4 (overwrited old version) and still won't show up! The weird thing is, all other games just show up normally, even after i deleted thim on r4cce!

Edit: Have YSMenu working now
biggrin.gif

No cheats again, just for the games that worked ever since i bought the r4.

gamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
The weird thing is, all other games just show up normally, even after i deleted thim on r4cce!
this, is not normal at all.

try with the cheat.dat file (and remove the usrcheat.dat) in the _system_ directory

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
gamez said:
QUOTE said:
The weird thing is, all other games just show up normally, even after i deleted thim on r4cce!
this, is not normal at all.

try with the cheat.dat file (and remove the usrcheat.dat) in the _system_ directory

Yes, you did everything so wrong this is why don't see your codes!

go download a new copy of usrcheat.dat from cheats.gbatemp.net if you are using YASUMENU!

Neonixx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Still won't work, neither R4 or YSmenu...

Do your games need to have the original name or do they work withouth name?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Neonixx, if those methods don't work for you then these should :

open usrcheat.dat with r4cce and delete tons of games from there then save the file and make sure that the new filesize of urscheat.dat is below 4mb
for example: if you want to cheat on Pokemon games then delete all games that is above the Pokemon games.

and some people said: if the cheats for a game are in the cheat database, but cheats doesn't show up on the R4, use r4cce and move those cheats to the top of the list and save the file

gamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
dsrules said:
Neonixx, if those methods don't work for you then these should :

open usrcheat.dat with r4cce and delete tons of games from there then save the file and make sure that the new filesize of urscheat.dat is below 4mb

i've already proposed this, above (see the 1st reply).

here is his answer
QUOTEWell I tried to use r4cce and deleted everything exept the pokemon game, and i put it on my r4 (overwrited old version) and still won't show up!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i assume he screwed up one of the process or he just didn't follow our instructions

the problem should be game id if he setup yasumenu properly while using usrcheat.dat
the last problem could be SD card or he need a reformat og his SD card

we have given all possible solutions
smile.gif

i even post up a guide on how to create database for r4 users!
if he can't figure it out just don't cheat

Neonixx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
elixirdream said:
i assume he screwed up one of the process or he just didn't follow our instructions

if he can't figure it out just don't cheat

-.-

Did format it... :S

Still the only games appear that did appear since beginning..

Its like another file is overrupting the new USRCHEAT but i looked all over the place, found nothing -.-

What means: ARE YOUR GAMES PATCHED?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool