EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
It seems like most modchips are like $75+ for the new Wii's. Here's my idea: buy this and a 12F683. Wouldn't that be a $25 modchip?

You would have to install 12 wires, but still, that's a whole lot cheaper.

What do you think?
Not trying to flame or start anything but why spend money buying a modchip when you can softmod it for free?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
EeZeEpEe said:
playallday said:
It seems like most modchips are like $75+ for the new Wii's. Here's my idea: buy this and a 12F683. Wouldn't that be a $25 modchip?

You would have to install 12 wires, but still, that's a whole lot cheaper.

What do you think?
Not trying to flame or start anything but why spend money buying a modchip when you can softmod it for free?
Modchips are much easier once you get them installed. You never have to think about it again. And whenever Nintendo gives a update you don't have to worry.
Ah. True true. Yeah I learned the hard way when I accidentally updated to 4.2U and had a few days of not being able to play my backups. It's really not that bad and now I know just say no to updates and wait it out until the Homebrew community has worked things out. But if hardmod is what you want anyway I've found the following site while looking for replacement cases for the Wii: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...-p-1-c-266.html
They have chips there for less than $75 but I have no clue how good they are.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Consolesource is known for not shipping stuff out.
frown.gif

Really? Well this person in another thread recommends them:

QUOTE(saitama @ Sep 17 2009, 07:42 PM) I wouldn't trust Crystal Mall. I've ordered everything I've gotten (2 R4s, 2 AceKard2i, Wii DriveKey) from console source and they ship within a week and I love in dt Vancouver, so I would recommend them.

I also did a google search "site:gbatemp.net Consolesource missed shipping" and didn't really find anything.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
Huh, I though they were on the "never buy" list. Oh well.
Hmm. Actually, after you mentioned "never buy" I searched for that and it sounds like a "Your Mileage My Vary" type thing. Some people get their things fine and others get bad experiences.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a generic drivekey from ioffer .....30 bucks.... ATI chip on it.....works great. about 6 months old and havent had any problems. They have sunkeys now too, they list for like 25 dollars. Havent confirmed they work with out of region, but who really needs that many games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: