Hardware cheapest way to emulate amiibos

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, playing botw. really want epona.

smash link in uk is £30, BOTW cost me £38 so im not doing that.

any methods of getting cheap amiibo functionality?

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
or get Powersaves for Amiibo, the one with the Powertag included, you can put 1 amiibo on the Powertag at a time, but it's rewritable and only like £20, works fine for me

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PowerSav...902584&hash=item3ae1eceee8:g:RY8AAOSw2olZdeC3

This one comes with Powertag as you can see on the box

You can buy Powertags separate too If you need to, you can get 3 for £10 or 10 for £25, but 1 is enough

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or get Powersaves for Amiibo, the one with the Powertag included, you can put 1 amiibo on the Powertag at a time, but it's rewritable and only like £20, works fine for me

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PowerSav...902584&hash=item3ae1eceee8:g:RY8AAOSw2olZdeC3

This one comes with Powertag as you can see on the box

You can buy Powertags separate too If you need to, you can get 3 for £10 or 10 for £25, but 1 is enough

WOW that gets expensive

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what about the other 700+ amiibos?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the PowerSaves for Amiibo with the PowerTag, and while it's convenient, the PowerTag feels too light and cheap. I might pry it open and hot-glue a few pennies inside, just to justify it. Otherwise, it's a fine product and pretty cheap, still cheaper than 2 full-priced Amiibo. Just make sure you backup the PowerTag after registering it in Splatoon 2, I already fucked up getting the rest of the power armor. ;_;

D

Deleted-355425

Arduino and nfc writer/reader... cost £10 delivered and use amiibomb software to write your tags.. cheaper then buying any nfc smartphone .

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the PowerSaves for Amiibo with the PowerTag, and while it's convenient, the PowerTag feels too light and cheap. I might pry it open and hot-glue a few pennies inside, just to justify it. Otherwise, it's a fine product and pretty cheap, still cheaper than 2 full-priced Amiibo. Just make sure you backup the PowerTag after registering it in Splatoon 2, I already fucked up getting the rest of the power armor. ;_;

Most missing feature here with those Powertags is that I have no way of keeping them apart! Made some ugly looking stickers...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Most missing feature here with those Powertags is that I have no way of keeping them apart! Made some ugly looking stickers...
For my fake amiibos, I bought some 25mm NTAG215's, programmmed them with my Galaxy S7 phone using TagMo, and then bought some "26mm presidential dollar" coin cases, put the NTAG215 inside, and labeled them with my label maker like this:

Ntags 1.jpg Ntags 2.jpg

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: BvanBart

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For my fake amiibos, I bought some 25mm NTAG215's, programmmed them with my Galaxy S7 phone using TagMo, and then bought some "26mm presidential dollar" coin cases, put the NTAG215 inside, and labeled them with my label maker like this:

View attachment 110714 View attachment 110715

I need to find some place where I can make vinyl colour stickers in the diameter of the PowerTags.
Your idea is functional! Only I love colours haha ;)

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1