Hacking Cheapest way of modding a 360 Trinity

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
HI
I have a Xbox 360 slim Trinity and I want to mod it so I can play games via hard drive. Cause I'm in Sri Lanka the prices for modding is crazy. I'm pretty good at soldiering I think and I want to know whats the cheapest way of modding my console and also Im on the latest version my little brother updated it cause he wanted to play a demo.
Sorry if this question is already asked somewhere I just what to know my self.
Thank you hopeing for a reply soon

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its a 16mb nand you can do an lpt mod instead of the nand-x though still need to buy the ace 360 chip but it takes A HELL OF A LONG TIME (2hrs per dump on average)

Reactions: Ranidu

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if its a 16mb nand you can do an lpt mod instead of the nand-x though still need to buy the ace 360 chip but it takes A HELL OF A LONG TIME (2hrs per dump on average)
Can you explain how to do this or a link on how to do it

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
find out what board you have. then google how to do an lpt nand read.

this all depends if you have a pc with an lpt/printer port though.

Edit: if you are positive you have a trinity just go by the picture below.

FANH7JWGZACJHB9.LARGE.jpg

also dont be a cheapskate and try to save money by not using the resistors. Not worth the risk.
just keep in mind, you will still need the glitch chip. flashing the nand withouth a chip to install right after will result in a brick/semi-brick. dont do it.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
find out what board you have. then google how to do an lpt nand read.

this all depends if you have a pc with an lpt/printer port though.

Edit: if you are positive you have a trinity just go by the picture below.

FANH7JWGZACJHB9.LARGE.jpg

also dont be a cheapskate and try to save money by not using the resistors. Not worth the risk.
just keep in mind, you will still need the glitch chip. flashing the nand withouth a chip to install right after will result in a brick/semi-brick. dont do it.
don't think I have a parallel port. Is there like a adapter to use

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The programmer is the expensive one. Glitch chips are fairly cheap. I saw a form saying that you can turn a matrix and flasher to a glitch chips programmer is this real if so the programmer will be super affordable too

tai1976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do NOT get an Ace v3 (Ace360) for a Trinity. They are all cheap clones now that specifically have issues with Trinity boards. I've got a stack of them they are worthless. Go with a Matrix v1 or a CoolRunner Rev C which are both clones but they work well with Trinity boards. The Ace v4 and v5 are good choices as well since there are no clones of them.
Use this site as a modern catch all for the items you need and order from where ever you can:
https://weekendmodder.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=60
I still mod these things on the regular and plan on making a modern tutorial since the 360 is amazingly still relevant.

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do NOT get an Ace v3 (Ace360) for a Trinity. They are all cheap clones now that specifically have issues with Trinity boards. I've got a stack of them they are worthless. Go with a Matrix v1 or a CoolRunner Rev C which are both clones but they work well with Trinity boards. The Ace v4 and v5 are good choices as well since there are no clones of them.
Use this site as a modern catch all for the items you need and order from where ever you can:
I still mod these things on the regular and plan on making a modern tutorial since the 360 is amazingly still relevant.
Hi can I use the matrix nand flasher as a Jr programmer I found that you could do that. Since matrix nand flashers are 4-5 usd it's great for a Jr programmer replacement. I what to add the link that I find this information but I don't know the rule so I don't know if it's against the rules I'll add it anyway if I'm not allowed to sorry I'll delete the message soon.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ld-coolrunner-glitch-chip-programmer.1317809/

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

maybe anecdotal but i have had a lot of success with ace v3 clones so long as you are doing the s-rgh. Maybe thats just been my luck

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi can I use the matrix nand flasher as a Jr programmer I found that you could do that. Since matrix nand flashers are 4-5 usd it's great for a Jr programmer replacement. I what to add the link that I find this information but I don't know the rule so I don't know if it's against the rules I'll add it anyway if I'm not allowed to sorry I'll delete the message soon.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ld-coolrunner-glitch-chip-programmer.1317809/
Can anyone give a answer to this

RetroGamers17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the matrix nand flasher conversion. I did this back 3 years ago with a bit of chipboard and the resistors, zener diode and capacitor. Worked great and is hanging around here somewhere. This was back when the jr programmer was much more expensive and I’d almost recommend to simply buy one instead. Official sites have them for $25 and “clones” can be found on eBay for under $17. If your tech savvy and want to just build it for extra credit then go ahead but you’ll be waiting a month for the parts to save $5 or you’ll get the parts for it for it quick but will end up paying more. I remember I had to buy my parts in strings of 100+ from China.

Reactions: Ranidu

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm the matrix nand flasher conversion. I did this back 3 years ago with a bit of chipboard and the resistors, zener diode and capacitor. Worked great and is hanging around here somewhere. This was back when the jr programmer was much more expensive and I’d almost recommend to simply buy one instead. Official sites have them for $25 and “clones” can be found on eBay for under $17. If your tech savvy and want to just build it for extra credit then go ahead but you’ll be waiting a month for the parts to save $5 or you’ll get the parts for it for it quick but will end up paying more. I remember I had to buy my parts in strings of 100+ from China.
Well I'm in Sri Lanka so it takes a week to arrive here since it's close to china. And thanks for the reply I really want to do it cheap but also don't wanna ruin my xbox

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi another thing there are tons of instructions on how to rgh but i cant seem to find a video on how to get the motherboard out. if someone was to give me some instruction on how to disassemble xbox 360 slim trinity for rgh that would be so helpful.
thanks for reading.

Ranidu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do I need to remove the heat sink before I rgh? I don't seem to have thermal paste right now so I don't want to mess with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1