cheapest professional install?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by blazin-asian, Jan 23, 2008.

1. blazin-asian
    OP

blazin-asian Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    Toronto
    hi everyone,

i finally got a hold of a Wii and now i would like it modded. according to the Wii serial tracker, i have a D2C chip with no cut legs.

i will definately NOT be doing the install myself, so i need a professional to do it for me.

i saw a few stores while searching on google and several forums, but it seems that only a handful can be trusted.

can anyone who has had a professional install of the D2CKey recommend who installed it and for how much? i am located in East Lansing, MI so i will most likely be shipping my Wii out to the installer.

im looking to do this probably next week when i get paid.

so far the cheapest ive found is mymodmall.com for $160 + $30 shipping there and back. freaking $190!!

THANKS!

2. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Dont. They can EASILY run away with your Wii since the Wii is on high demand now a days. I'd just install myself like i did with the Wiininja. Its very easy with the Video Tuts. Youtube em.

3. H8TR

H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    Canada
    t-Dot
    Go to Craiglist and find an installer in your area. That's what I did. Found this cool guy. 2 Wiikeys plus 2 installs for $100 CDN (which is pretty much the same $100 USD). Even let me play Warhawk on his PS3 while I was waiting. (It was the first time I had played PS3 and back when Warhawk was in Beta)

4. antivirus6613

antivirus6613 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2007
    United States
    Find a good modchip website offering the service. I used a two guys, dipswitch and pirat3 and they did D2B's and D2B cut leg fine and so I have confidence they can do D2C. Find someone on the forums with a good post count and some reviews about the person. I met one at maxconsole and one at psx-scene. Luckily no one took mine and ran away.

5. haruk

haruk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2007
    United States
    I got mine done from a post I read on psx-scene. Don't feel like digging up the post now, but his web site is mymodmall.com

6. blazin-asian
    OP

blazin-asian Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    Toronto
    i talked to the guy at mymodmall.com and he wants $190 to install the D2CKey.
    there is a senior member over at thegameforum buy the name of "Wii Modder" who can do it for $150.

he seems like a reliable guy, but has anyone here dealt with him before?

just curious

7. haruk

haruk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2007
    United States
  8. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    Well installing the WiiKey isn't hard.
    It took me abut 90-60 seconds to make a complete WiiKey install and 15min the rip and place the console together [​IMG]

9. blazin-asian
    OP

blazin-asian Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    Toronto
    unfortunately, i need the D2CKey so it wont be an easy install since i have no soldering experience.

i was considering the Argon, but it is too new of a chip and it seems like the D2CKey is kickin ass right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice