Hacking cheapest place to import new 3ds? gateway region free right?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not from the U.S. so am unaware of any retailers aside from Play Asia, however yes, Gateway should give you region free when released. We don't know when support for the New 3DS is going to be released, though.

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea Play Asia was selling the japanese n3ds XL for like $180 but now the price is back up to $230 + shipping. looks like $230 is the going rate on ebay right now too...so if you find any good deals, let us know!

Reactions: Liberty

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Region free cartridge isn't worth it, in my opinion.

Boot 3ds > launch exploit > insert gateway cart > select gateway classic mode > eject gateway cart > insert retail game.

Dump your game and play it in Gateway mode.

I love you gateway team, but for the love of god, remove your stupid DRM limitations!!!

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking for the best/cheapest option to import one myself.

There are several retailers you can use that seem reputable to import one to the US
Play-asia (expensive, but reliable it seems)
Nippon-Yasan (cheaper, but can be slow by some user's comments)
Eurotaku (haven't seen much on them, but are about the same price to import as nippon-yasan)
Amazon JP, with tenso as package forwarder (Might be cheapest option overall, but tenso requires you submit ID to verify address so that may hold things up a bit)
Amazon US (Prices are a bit high, but you can use amazon credit if you have it and amazon is typically pretty good with handling issues. Probably $20-40 higher than nippon-yasan and it still ships from Japanese seller anyways)

darkraider2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nippon-Yasan (cheaper, but can be slow by some user's comments)

just write them after 2-4 day´s Nippon-Yasan forget to ship sometimes ......
waitet 1 week after order and write them
its alrady shipped ? then 1 day after shipped feedex no tax get it in 4 day´s japan - germany

4scarrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went with the AUS N3DSXL from Play-Asia as the Japanese version doesnt have the option to change the language to english. I ordered on a Friday night and by Monday afternoon I had it delivered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455