Cheapest place to get a 2GB MicroSD?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Kyte, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Kyte
    OP

Kyte Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    From a reputable seller please, Thanks.

2. evoo1

evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2008
    Australia
    Vienna
  3. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    Since you live in America ...

Micro SD Cards from DX
    Pros'
    Cheap Prices
    Free Shipping

Cons'
    Might take a while for shipping depending on where you are

or

NewEgg
    Pros'
    Wide Selection
    Faster Shipping

Cons'
    Expensive Shipping
    Some SD Cards more expensive then others

=========================================

those are the two best places to buy an SD Card online xD but sadly since i don't live in America i can't give you places to buy locally ..

Hope that helps

- Holt

4. cerenade

cerenade GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2008
    Luton, England
    amazon well if you live england(which unfortunatly you dont) its only 55p, plus maybe upto £1 at most shipping

amazon for americans on the other hand its $10

if amazon uk ships to america then thats for you. i wouldnt know tho never shopped there before

5. Slippy

Slippy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2005
    United States
    NE USA
    Buy.com Datel 2gb MicroSD

$8.95 (free shipping)

I actually got one of these free about a month ago when they were still doing the $10 off for first time google checkout customers. There are other brands around the same price if you don't want Datel, but I purchased the Datel one and it seems to work fine, though I haven't tested it to see if either Castlevania game crashes.

6. Kyte
    OP

Kyte Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    How fast is the free shipping from DealExtreme?

7. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Takes from 1-4 weeks. Usually 2 weeks.

8. Kyte
    OP

Kyte Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2008
    United States

How gay. [​IMG]

BTW, I just ordered an Acekard 2 from there, have anyone ever had any problems ordering from there? If so, what's the best way to contact them?

9. curiousmike

curiousmike Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    I just ordered from DealExtreme for the first time a few weeks back.

It took about 2 weeks to get to me ( I'm in northern california.)

To the original poster: If you have a Frys Electronics near you, you can find 2gb cards for $10.
    Or, MicroCenter always has them cheap.

Look for a local mom and pop computer shop... they almost always have better deals than BestMSRPBuy or CircuitShitty.

10. Kyte
    OP

Kyte Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    NorCal as well, I'll go out and look at Radioshack. The nearest Fry's is in Palo Alto [​IMG]

11. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Is two weeks really THAT long? I mean, I lived in Korea, where everything came in 12 hours, regardless of what place you lived. In Canada, the Canadian post has a horribly slow shipping, at an extremely high price, yet, I don't mind it, although I do wish they would really fix their services.

I don't mind waiting for up to 5 weeks for something a arrive. I've waited 3 weeks for my SCDS1 to arrive, 3 weeks for my portapro, 5 weeks for a sdhc card, etc. Geez. Get some patience....

Although if you have some good reason, other than just wanting to play games, it's understandable.

12. Slippy

Slippy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2005
    United States
    NE USA
    5 weeks is quite a bit of time when you can get one cheaper from buy.com and have it come in 3 - 5 days.

13. caffolote

caffolote GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
  14. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    I ordered mine from meritline. Twice actually. No problems at all. Good store.

BUT you have to be careful if you're looking for a Japanese Kingston (which is the one usually recommended). The cheaper ones from meritline (or anywhere for that matter) may not be Japanese. However, this one is, and comes with a nifty card reader as well: http://www.meritline.com/kingston-usb-micr...crosd-card.html

If you click on the small picture, you can see that it's a Japanese card (I have ordered this product and can confirm that it's exactly as pictured here). So only $9.99 for 2GB Japanese Kingston with a nice microSD reader and free shipping.

-Bri

15. caffolote

caffolote GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    What's the differences between the American Kingston and the Japanese Kingston?

16. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    It's actually a difference between Japanese and Taiwanese Kingstons. Most people here agree that the Taiwanese ones are slower than their Japanese counterparts and thus the Japanese ones are better. However, I've bought a Taiwanese MicroSD and haven't noticed any of the slow-downs that should have occurred. I probably just got lucky and bought a very good quality Taiwanese MicroSD, but if you want to stay on the safe side I suggest getting one that specifies it's Japanese. Usually it will cost a little more though.

17. caffolote

caffolote GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
  18. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.