Cheapest place to Buy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by m12, May 17, 2008.

1. m12
    OP

m12 Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    United States
    What is the site that sells the chapest Slot-1 flash carts? Don't say DealExtream cause i've read lots of complaints from their customers. Thanks.

2. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    I'm really sorry, but I have to say Dealextreme [​IMG]
    edit: other cheap place could be gameyeeeah or something, but i haven't personally ordered anything from there.

3. m12
    OP

m12 Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    United States
    The only thing that worries me about Dealextreme is that their "In Stock" lable for some items are incorrect. Cause i don't want to order a flash cart that is labled in-stock and later to recieve a message saying that it is currently out of stock. Does this happen?

4. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    I bought a lot of stuff off of DX before, and I got my stuff within 3 weeks. Not bad, seeing it's free shipping.

Also, Acekard 2 is not in stock right now. It says they're getting a new batch in 5 days. Sometimes that date gets delayed, so until it changes to "In stock" I'd rather not recommend anyone to buy it in its current state.

5. ignite339

ignite339 Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2008
    United States
    I dunno if they are the cheapest, but if you live in Eastern USA, RealHotStuff's shipping is ridiculously fast.

6. m12
    OP

m12 Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    United States
    How do you know that it is not in stock right now? I only see this for the acekard 2 "Ships on 5/21/2008 (4 days)". What dose this mean?

7. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    It usually means it's not in stock currently, but will be on the 21st. However, the dates change without a notice sometimes, so see it until that day, then see if it's "In stock"

8. pollo55

pollo55 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    i will say leetmod, its pretty cheap, not as DX, but it still cheap. shipping its awesome!!

9. Panzer Tacticer

Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    Right Here
    Why does everyone think "cheapest" = best idea?

Shouldn't the question be what is the "right" place to buy from?

There are no shortages of sites with the "apparent" best price, and when you choose them, you only end up thinking you threw away your money.

I'd rather pay 5-10 bucks more using a site I had no problems with. It's the internet people, not the store in town where you can simply walk back to if you have a complaint.

10. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    you live in the US then go to realhotstuff.com

11. Unchi-san

Unchi-san Unchi on a stick! yay~

Jan 3, 2008
    United States
    from what ppl say, realhotstuff is very fast service. you get your product right away.

however if you want something cheaper (but still fast shipping), go w/ leetmod.com. they have free shipping on the slot 1 cards and if you live in the us, you will receive your product within a week.

12. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i find it funny how people think realhotstuff has "ridiculously fast shipping," when you consider you can ship anything across the united states from within the united states in 1-2 days priority. you can't compare them to a chinese site that has to ship across seas and deal with customs, it isn't the same thing at all.

from what i've read they are reliable and although their return policy is childishly written in red bold font they seem to honor returns.

what it should come down to are the following
    1) buy from a site others use so you know you will get what you pay for
    2) pay the price you want to pay
    3) pay for the shipping method you are comfortable paying for
    4) no matter where you buy from have patience

and seriously 5) check the return policy and e-mail the support before buying.

if you end up paying 20$ more than somewhere else consider the thousands of dollars worth of free software you are about to run and then hush up and enjoy your nds for what it can do.

-another world

13. LagunaCid

LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

May 14, 2008
    Canada
    What people said. Balance between "cheapness" and shipping speed. Is it worth it to wait 3 more weeks to save $10? Eh, not really, at least not IMO.

14. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    actually $5 for most sites

15. LagunaCid

LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

May 14, 2008
    Canada
    It was more comparing a Chinese site to a US one, than a fast-shipping option to a slower one =p
    So $10 difference sounds about right

16. padawan

padawan GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2003
    Niger
    My order from DX arrived within 9 days after shipment confirmation.
    Bad thing I wasn't at home to open the door, now I'll have to pick the package up from the postal office tomorrow [​IMG]

17. qazadex

qazadex Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2008
    I've ordered 3 times off DealExtreme, and its always come within 4 days (I live in Australia). I find its very good, so I would reccommend getting something off DX.