Cheapest place to buy G6 DS REAL?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Dead Ghost, Nov 21, 2007.

Nov 21, 2007
  1. Dead Ghost
    OP

Member Dead Ghost GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    The best price i found is at DealXtreme, but is out of stock. Any ideas?

2. Thanubis

Banned Thanubis Banned

United States
  3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I believe they have temporarily stopped production of the 16Gb version. Not sure about the 8Gb one. Popularity doesn't explain it [​IMG]

4. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Its to do with the G6 Team's supplier of capacitors.

5. 4saken

Australia
    Why not take some out of the M3R production line and add them to the G6R then [​IMG] It's not exactly like the M3 Real has huge demand

6. sdoc96

Member sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Australia
    From what I hear, that is incorrect.
    I hear the problem is the price of the ram they use in the G6 has become too expensive to be viable.
    From a very good source which I am not at liberty to divulge.

7. Dead Ghost
    OP

Antarctica
    So they are not making it anymore, or what?

8. 4saken

Australia
    They might be waiting temporarily out of stock until they sort out whatever production problems they have (whether it be low supply of capacitors or memory prices out of their budget).

I have a 2GB one if you want to buy mine [​IMG] I sold it to my sister's friend, but he has since corrupted it a few times somehow (not the cards fault - it never corrupted in my hands), and I feel sorry that I sold it to him.

9. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This just backs up my idea that the G6 Real is sound, but that some users have corruption problems simply because they are not disciplined in using it. I have never had a corruption either - but I *always* do a "safely remove" and I always briskly remove the cable from my pc before I remove the card. Make sure you educate your friend.

In spite of my complaints here about some minor firmware issues, I do think the G6 Real is an excellent card and the best choice for the typical new DS user. You really don't need any more that 2GB of storage and inbuilt RAM is simpler, more reliable, and faster. It holds about 40 games which is about 35 more than anybody needs at one time. And after all, it only takes a mouse click and drag to swap/delete/add games anyhow!

10. Dead Ghost
    OP

Antarctica
    If it's corrupted, then it doesn't work anymore, right? Am i missing something here? [​IMG] 2gb is an overkill for me anyway...

Btw, do you still have that Elink gba flash card for sale (i can't access the trade subforums, grrr)? How much? [​IMG]

11. 4saken

Australia
    It just meant the memory corrupted once, but it can be fixed countless times through the built in formatter (holding start when booting the G6).

I have the ELINK, but somebody wants it :X You can feel free to offer though [​IMG]