Hacking Cheapest Nintendo DS Slot-2 Flash Cart? (Lite)

gabrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freeavatarepisodes.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I Have A Cyclo DS Evolution and a 6gb Micro SDHC, and I'm Looking For a Slot-2 Compliment for it. I also Have an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, But I would like to Upgrade To a Full-Fledged Slot-2 Flash Cart. My Questions Are:
-What is The Cheapest one that Uses MicroSd?
-Can it Be Used For GBA Games and Browser Expansion?
-Where Can I Get One?
Thanks in Advance.
yaynds.gif

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
I think the EZ Flash 4 can do most of this, you can find it on Dealextreme.com

offtopic: your sig is huge (473KB) it'll be removed by a mod if you don't do it.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sephiroth said:
I think the EZ Flash 4 can do most of this, you can find it on Dealextreme.com
The EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe can do all of this.

Satangel said:
The EZ IV has great GBA support, the best I know of, but it uses miniSD's, no microSD's and it can't be used as a RAM expansion.
The Lite versions only supports microSDs.

Sephiroth said:
Here it is, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11178

It DOES use MicroSD cards, if you look at the image of the box
That's the Compact version and it can't run Gba-games larger than 8MB due to hardware restrictions (the biggest Gba-games are 32MB).

QUOTE(gabrico @ Jul 13 2008, 08:38 PM) Can It Use SDHC?
No, only non-SDHC microSDs.

Differences between EZFlash IV models

There are currently four EZFlash IV devices out on the market.

1. "EZFlash IV", also referred to as "EZFlash IV Phat". It is the same size as a GBA cartridge and uses miniSD cards for its main storage. Early on in its life cycle it was mistakenly referred to as the "EZFlash IV Lite miniSD Version" on winsunx.
2. "EZFlash IV Lite", also referred to as "EZFlash IV Lite microSD/TF". It is slightly larger than the size of a Nintendo DSLite dust cover, roughly half the size of a GBA Cart. It fits nearly flush in the GBA slot of your NDS-Lite, and takes microSD/TransFlash cards. It is incompatible with GBA, GBA-SP, GBA Micro and Nintendo DS Phat. It will only fit in a NDS-Lite.
3. "EZFlash IV Compact" This version is the same size as a NDS-Lite dust cover and fits flush with your NDS-Lite. Like the earlier EZFlash IV Lite, it is incompatible with everything except the NDS-Lite. It is slightly smaller than the earlier EZFlash IV Lite, making it fit more flushly with the NDS-Lite, and features a glossy oil coating on the outside of the cartridge that makes it look more alike the NDS-Lite unit. The Compact features less internal memory than previous EZFlash IV versions, making it cheaper and more affordable, and the end result making it able to only play NDS games, and having little to no GBA support.
4. "EZFlash IV Deluxe", This version is the same size as the Compact, taking TransFlash/microSD cards. It is the same shell as the Compact, meaning it also features the glossy oil paint finish as your NDS-Lite dust cover, just like the compact. This version features, however, an increased amount of internal memory, making it ideal for homebrew and continued GBA support. This makes it slightly more costly, however.
5. "EZFlash IV Bundle Pack", Not a separate version, but rather a bundled package of the EZFlash IV Deluxe and the EZPass3 (NoPass) device. It should be noted that this package is the only version of the EZFlash IV not to come with its own USB SD Card Reader, meaning you'll have to buy your own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?