Cheapest Flashkit to get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Morphx2, Aug 24, 2006.

Aug 24, 2006

Cheapest Flashkit to get? by Morphx2 at 8:35 PM (1,047 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Morphx2
    OP

Newcomer Morphx2 Member

I got my girlfriend a DS Lite on ebay and I want to get a flashkit for her to play games.

Myself, I have an EZFlash4 microsd + the EZPass 3.

What should I get for her? The micro-sd memory is more expensive than the mini-sd's. So I can save some money there by buying the mini-sd EZFlash 4 instead of the micro (even though it sticks out a little). I can also flash her's instead of buying a passme device to save more money, but I never flashed anything before so I am kind of nervous about it.

is EZFlash4 the cheapest around that will work with GBA and DS games? I won't run any homebrew stuff on hers at all. I just want the DS games and GBA games to work fine.

2. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    If I were you I'd wait to see how the eWin 2 is gonna turn out - apparently it's gonna be the cheapest flashcart on the market [​IMG]

4. tiredofpsp

Newcomer tiredofpsp Member

but that only plays nds and not gba from what i understand right?

5. Morphx2
    OP

Newcomer Morphx2 Member

Yup, just ewin2 only does NDS
    I might as well just go with EZFlashIV again since I am using that. If I attempt to flash her's, we can still play games on wifi, right? Even though hers is flashed and mine is not? Will save me ~20 dollars right there

6. FifthE1ement

United States
    I have an EWIN2 microSD in front of me now and I'll be doing a review soon. Yes, it only does DS and it requires either a flashed DS or a Nopass device with no splash screen like the MK4-Mini but I can't verify these 100% yet as I haven't played with it yet as I am going by another member who has one.

I would never go with an EZFlashIV as its one of the worst flashcarts out of them all. I would suggest a SuperCard or M3 and if you are worried about price the SuperCard's run less than 50 bucks!

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

7. Morphx2
    OP

Newcomer Morphx2 Member

Boo, I like my EZFlashIV

[​IMG]

But if you say SuperCard, would the Lite one make that much of a difference? It is almost the same price as the EZFlashIV (the micro one). The mini is cheaper and so is the memory cards for it. Does the mini stick out a ton or something?

Actually, supercard lite is more expensive than the EZFlashIV at winsunx. I would love to order it from someplace else that is cheaper, but I don't know where. 20 dollars shipping is killer!!!

8. FifthE1ement

United States
  9. Morphx2
    OP

Newcomer Morphx2 Member

Miami, FL

10. Morphx2
    OP

Newcomer Morphx2 Member

I got the SuperCard Lite + Superkey from modchipman. Costs around 80, then I got a 512 micro card from newegg for 20 total, so I spend 100 dollars total. If the Supercard is that good, ill use that and give her my EZFlash!

[​IMG]

11. FifthE1ement

United States
    You could have bought the SuperCard Lite and SuperKey at realhotstuff.com for only $72.00.

You'll be happy with the SuperCard Lite but you should have gotten a bigger microSD!

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

12. Morphx2
    OP

Newcomer Morphx2 Member

Eh, my girlfriend will take the 512. I keep my 1 gig [​IMG] I got my 1 gig at Staples for 22 dollars with rebates + coupons 3 weeks ago. Now its over 60 bucks..no thanks! I have 1 gig and only play like 4-5 games on it anywhoo. But now I can try homebrew with Supercard Lite, so we shall see!

Oh, I checked realhotstuff, it says it isn't in stock, so thats why I didnt choose there. I get all my stuff on Wednesday though, and I have to work! So I guess I will wait at home Thursday for all of it. Now to just make sure this guy sent my DS Lite yet.

13. Morphx2
    OP

Newcomer Morphx2 Member

Well, I have my Supercard Lite today...but no DS [​IMG] My girlfriend wanted to borrow my DS Lite again, and I finally said yes because I felt bad of always saying no. Bad timing I guess. Her DS Lite better come soon so I can play!!!