Cheapest flash cart that works with a up to date 3DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by WrestlinFan, Nov 2, 2014.

1. WrestlinFan
    OP

WrestlinFan Currently jobbing to Kevin Nash

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    And from an American seller? I'm sorry if this comes across as a bit lazy, but I've never bought these types of things before and I don't even know where to begin.

2. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Depends... What are you looking for; 3DS Flash Cart or NDS Flash Cart?
    NDS: R4i
    3DS: Gateway (Depends on which official reseller you look at)

3. WrestlinFan
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    A DS flashcart that will play on a 3DS is what I'm asking.

So a regular R4i will work? Do I need to get a R4i-Gold?

4. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    I think so...

5. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    r4ids.cn is the site he meant.

6. WrestlinFan
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2013
    United States
    Wait, they have 3DS flashcarts (that is, carts that play pirated 3DS games) that work on the latest 3DS firmware?

7. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    I recommend to read a few of the stickies, before you get incinerated.

8. zerono0o

zerono0o Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2014
    United States
    it's cheap but the build quality is shitty which you will face issue like the card not recognizing the microsd that you have to reinsert it many times to get it working. slight nudges on the system and your game freeze. poorly constructed microsd slot or contacts, don't really know which one is the real cause. if you were to switch to a different game and ejected the card, maybe just a little contact with the microsd card, the next time you put it back to the game slot you have to remove it again and blow air onto the contacts or into the microsd slot, keep on reinserting until you find the right 'position' to get it properly recognized by your ds. better spend more on a more reliable one for longer-term usage. definitely not recommended to get the r4ids.cn card.

9. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If you want higher end NDS homebrew, NDS ROM loading, and willing to deal with a significantly worse battery life: DSTwo Supercard

If you just want standard NDS homebrew and NDS ROM loading: R4i RTS 3DS from r4ids.cn

The DSTwo Supercard has internal hardware for improved performance for homebrew coded for it, but at the cost of battery life and is more expensive. As long as it has support behind it, it will probably never be permanently blocked.
    The R4i RTS 3DS is just your standard flashcart. It's not as costly and doesn't hurt battery life to any significant degree. It could also be blocked permanently on possible future firmware, though Nintendo seemed to stop caring about DS mode flashcarts.

10. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Wow, I've never had that happen to my R4i Gold ever in the two years I've been using it.