Hacking Cheapest DSMODE flashcard that works with 9.7/9.8?

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
what are the differences?
There is no difference for running ds games or homebrew, everything will work on .com card
Gbatemp just loves .cn version for some weird reasons like "official wood menu support" while in reality all other manufacturers have copied everything from it a very long time ago.

Reactions: zfreeman

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
r4i gold 3ds rts

Don't buy anything else unless you manage to find dstwo in stock.

Can i know why? Is theres any special feature for that particular card. Ive seen $7 including shipping r4 sdhc dual core (silver) that also claims support rts @ eachmall.me

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i know why? Is theres any special feature for that particular card. Ive seen $7 including shipping r4 sdhc dual core (silver) that also claims support rts @ eachmall.me
Those "dual core" models only get support for about a year then they are dropped

the r4i gold has continuous support
DAmn, none of those r4 cards play emulators?
What emulators are you wanting on them?

Reactions: Deleted-355425

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Dude, there are so, SO many "R4i" and "Gold" clones. Jesus.

Clones of clones of clones of clones of...

And which one is the original one? Nobody knows.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If DSTwo is so popular (I hear a lot of people talking and wanting to buy one...) why doesn't supercard just keep making them and make more money?
Because it costs money to manufacture a device that not many people aren't buying. they wouldn't exactly be making a lot of money.

There's a big difference between a flashcart (which was once very popular) being worth the price and being popular, and the latter certainly isn't the case, today. It is, however, recognized for its efforts.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those "dual core" models only get support for about a year then they are dropped

I kept hearing that the dstwo could play nes, snes, gb, gba, mega drive, etc..etc..

So yeah it just peaked my interest a bit. I mean shit dude I play emulators on my xbox still and on my pc.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept hearing that the dstwo could play nes, snes, gb, gba, mega drive, etc..etc..

So yeah it just peaked my interest a bit. I mean shit dude I play emulators on my xbox still and on my pc.
Normal r4 cards can use emulators but the SNES and GBA emulators are horrible. DStwo has a much better emulator for those.

TheBritishBloke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, so the R4i Gold RTS card plays DS games and works on upto 9.8.0?!

I've only managed to find one place selling the DSTwo and they're charging $80 for it :/

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no difference for running ds games or homebrew, everything will work on .com card
Gbatemp just loves .cn version for some weird reasons like "official wood menu support" while in reality all other manufacturers have copied everything from it a very long time ago.
Maybe it is just the user base of the SDHC one but they are always on here and cant get it to work. No problems with the .cn one.

But yes both SHOULD be work.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
It doesn't, they have released and abandoned about 12 hardware revisions. As for sysmenu support - not needed for the last 3-5 years and won't be needed in the future anymore.
the SNES and GBA emulators are horrible. DStwo has a much better emulator for those.
DSTWO is a bit better but still horrible compared even to psp.
Wait, so the R4i Gold RTS card plays DS games and works on upto 9.8.0?!
https://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/ - any of these cards will work on 9.8.0
DSTWO is not worth it unless you really need slow and buggy snes/gba emulators.

kurodax

Trophies
XP
Country

i see the web of r4i dual core update that they support 9.0.8-25, so they not drop it yet

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
They will drop it after a year and release a "2016" model

I didn't know about that. Is it true? I thought they are just changing stickers each which with different type of fancy stickers and branding to make their product look 'new', while hardware is pretty much unchange every year. and my thought is their updates will support previous year cart

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know about that. Is it true? I thought they are just changing stickers each which with different type of fancy stickers and branding to make their product look 'new', while hardware is pretty much unchange every year. and my thought is their updates will support previous year cart
No. I have the 2012 model (it says "new" on the sticker) which is unusable on 6.x+

obviously flashcarttimewarp fixes this

Reactions: Kawaii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended