Cheapest chipping service?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Pyrofyr, May 27, 2008.

May 27, 2008

Cheapest chipping service? by Pyrofyr at 10:35 AM (936 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Pyrofyr
    OP

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Okay I'm very very interested in modding my Wii, mostly because I rarely play it since I'm starting college in about a month and don't have much money as it is (Enough, but would rather spend it on other things, especially since I need some surgery done soon that willl be expensive >_< Stupid dentist).

In any case, I already know I'm planning on getting a Wii Chip, but my main problem is soldering it myself. I do know what I'm doing when it comes to things like this, but having problems with my little brothers DS (It was originally so closed to fucked it wasn't funny, and I bought a replacement topscreen (The main problem at the time) to fix it, and move it into another case (SHOCK! ones), however bricked it because at the time I never ran across GBATemp and most guides didn't warn me AT ALL about mobo bending, hence, wham bam, mobo bent, stopped working. (After the first time when it feintly did anyway).

Okay getting to the point I need a place to do it for me, and I've been looking it up and generally the price for them to do it seems 50~80 bucks online (Probably a good 20~ of that might be S&H, the rest pure services).

I live in Miami, FL, so finding an area here that would do these things is hard, there aren't many little electronic stores that do things under the counter, as most stores here are franchises, so saying I can't get it done here (I'll be trying to find a spot though >_

2. samsam12

Banned samsam12 Test

United States
    i really want to mod my wii, but im not good with things like soldering and putting the console back together. is there anyone who will mod my wii for a reseonable price.
    i live in Tully, NY.

3. Pyrofyr
    OP

United States
    Actually I meant onlne, since I doubt there's a good list of physical stores that do it lingering about.

4. ShoFly

Newcomer ShoFly Member

United States
    Best bet would probably be Craigslist. My ad usually isn't the only one listed, but all depends the location you're searching.

5. Pyrofyr
    OP

United States
    Thank you. Out of curiosity, (since I rarely use craigslist) what would be the best area to find people doing this? :S

6. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    the one closest to you? Craigslist is a regional based addvert website. So just get in contact with someone and ask all the questions you need to make yourself secure about the transaction. Also bring a friend with you if you're going to his house.

Edit: or you can ask someone you know. You might be shocked they have soldering exp.

7. Pyrofyr
    OP

United States
    I suppose I should ask around [​IMG]! I'd ask my grandfather to do it (Used to be a carpenter/handyman) but I'm afraid he's gone senile.

I posted a thread/listing on craigslist, so I suppose I'll sit back and wait, didn't see any already up in my area :/