Hardware Cheapest and Best place to get Memory Stick?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm new to hacking so first things first.. I need a memory stick, right? Does it matter which model it is? There are some Lexar Pro Duo cards floating around and they're much cheaper than the equivalent Sony ones.. do I really need a Sony?

Now the actual question is ; Where to get the memory stick? I need a shop that ships internationally, and I am not buying the memory stick from Finland where I live as the card would cost like $130 in here O.o. I'm looking for either 16, or 32GB versions. Any smaller is no good. Also what kind of adapter do I need to use the memory stick with my computer? I do have a SD card, and Micro SD card adapters, so if those fit with the memory stick then I'm good.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it will but the speeds will not be near as good as the Ultra II i linked to. In the end unless you have serial OCD 8GB is a fair size stick and the guaranteed speed will serve you better in the long run.

And according to Amazon the delivery rate to Finland (from Amazon) adds another £5 to the total (meaning you could get this instead)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
xist said:
Yes it will but the speeds will not be near as good as the Ultra II i linked to. In the end unless you have serial OCD 8GB is a fair size stick and the guaranteed speed will serve you better in the long run.

And according to Amazon the delivery rate to Finland (from Amazon) adds another £5 to the total (meaning you could get this instead)

The only problem with Play.com is that they will NOT let you choose the currency you shop with, and their currency conversion is known to be rigged. That memory stick costs £40.99 but in euros it is 51.99€, and that's over 5€ more expensive than it should be if we converted it properly! Additionally, Amazon has '' Free Super Saver Shipping '' which I can use if I buy from Amazon, so the price of the memory stick is what it says there and not a cent more. But, if Ultra Speed is really worth of it, perhaps you could possibly point me to another 16GB stick that is not from play.com but is better than what I linked at.

And just a note, 8GB is not enough. I don't know much about the games I will be playing but I checked out and saw that even DJ Max Portable is just 1.5GB alone, and I like to have variety of games with me. Since it's handheld, I'll play it when I'm not at home so I can't just swap the games at will till I get to home.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you positive about Amazon's free delivery? I didn't think that applied to Zone 2 European shipping regions, and only within the UK.

As for Ultra II's being the same price it's unlikely to happen without some kind of disparity in shipping so it seems like your intent in that particular stick. Given the importance of good speeds on large sticks with the newer wave of games personally i'd recommend shelling out a little more rather than a semi false economy.

(...and i'm curious, where is Play known to have rigged currency conversions?)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
From the finnish forums mostly, and surely on others too in European countries. I'm sure you can view the € and £ prices by clicking the flags like I can, but when you go to pay for the item, the currency is automatically chosen depending on your location. Just check the € price for that stick, and then compare it to £. Now go to xe.com or another currency converted, and see how 40.99 pounds does not end up being 51.99 euros.

It's rigged, there's lots of '' air '' in their euro prices. That's their way of offering '' free shipping '' even though it's not free. Speaking of shipping, I am certain that the Super Saver applies to Finland. It used to be UK only but now it should be, if not worldwide, at least within Europe.

I am not intent on that particular stick, and I can shell out a bit more perhaps, but not to play.com. If you could point me to another store instead. There's another problem also with Play, which is the fact that even though it's a shop in the UK, they're shipped from a certain location so that if unlucky, I'll have to pay custom fees and such for the stick. I think it was an island or something within the UK where they are shipped from..

Well if there's no alternatives, or if there are, but they're more expensive than 51,99€, then I guess I will consider it. Though I would like to know what exactly makes Ultra II better choice than the normal sticks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte