Hardware Cheap Wiimotes without camera or accelerometer

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That was my whole question actually.

If you don't know why anyone would want such a thing, then this isn't the thread for you.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know there are some third-party knock-offs (by companies such as Nyko) that are sold in stores, but most of them only knock $5-10 off the official MSRP and they all contain the infrared sensor and accelerometers. I don't think there ARE any Wiimotes lacking one or both of these features ever made, but I could be wrong.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
that should be feasible, as there are now 3rd party classic controllers which are wireless. my guess is that these controllers trick the wii that there's a wiimore with a regular classic controller attached. just out of curiosity, what games/application would you like such a wiimote?

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vattu said:
that should be feasible, as there are now 3rd party classic controllers which are wireless. my guess is that these controllers trick the wii that there's a wiimore with a regular classic controller attached. just out of curiosity, what games/application would you like such a wiimote?

While I'd like to see controllers that tie to two together I don't think they work that way.
I beleive they just hook up to the wiimote normally but with a transmitter.
So its essentially nothing special.

As for gimped controls, there simply aren't any real alternitives like that.
Nyko is the only one with a third party controller, and while these controls are fine button wise they stink in the IR features and barely work, though the acceloromitors seem to work fine.
Still its only five bucks less for a badly made alternitive.

You're best bet is to just look for used controls and hope to find some cheap broken ones since you don't care about the IR and accell parts too much.

Thats the only real way though, so its either pay up for the real thing or a cruddy knock off, or go without.

I miss the 16/32/early 128bit days when third party controls were all over the place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.