Cheap Wiimote & Nunchuck on Dealextreme

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by tomqman, Jul 7, 2008.

Jul 7, 2008
  1. tomqman
    OP

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    - Unprecedented value! Perfect for all Wii owners
    - OEM Wiimote product -- not Wii/Nintendo branded (manufacturer did not print explicit Wii branding on the product)
    - Features excellent build quality -- batteries and battery covers nicely fit
    - Wireless bluetooth interface
    - Works just like the original remote and nunchucks
    - Powered by 2 x NiMH/NiCd/Alkaline AA batteries (sold separately)

Wiimote & Nunchuck
    [​IMG]$47.90(about £28)
    Wiimote & Nunchuck
    [​IMG]$32.90(about £17)
    Nunchuck
    [​IMG]$17.80(about £9)

2. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    not bad, $12 cheaper than buying from a store. hehe...that's what Nintendo gets for using factories in china...the factory cranks out some extra batches after-hours and sells them off cheap, keeping all the profit.

PS: Good job sneaking your DX referral link in there, sure to make you some extra cash [​IMG]

3. tomqman
    OP

United Kingdom
    nah i just get led lights and stuff and random crap that apears in the dx point section. funny story i use my dx points getting a laser pen that also shocks because i am to tight to pay for it. so it finally turns up at my house i get press the button and wow no shock, so i take it part and resolder the wires as they where badley soldered then i get a shock, as i jump the soldring iron goes on my hand owwwwww [​IMG].

anyway i might get these but i might not as i have 3 wiimotes already. and its not often that i use all 3

4. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Has anyone actually bought one of these? They look like the real deal (even the packaging) but I wonder if they are the same.

I'd be interested in grabbing another pair of wiimotes if they are decent.

5. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yah, I hope they are no like 3rd party N64 controllers *flashback: analogue stick broken after twenty minutes of playing*

6. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I might just buy one of those...$32 = 20€, the original Wiimote still costs 40€ [​IMG]

But is it just me, or does the B-Button look slightly different?

Oh, thinking about it, I still have a broken Wiimote lying around here...I could just switch the casing and get myself a brand new "original" Wiimote for half the price [​IMG]

7. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    "Compatible with the Wü"? Uh huh...

Not that I need any more anyway. =P

8. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Does anyone know what "shiro" means? My original (japan import from dx) nunchuck box also has this written on it. I wonder if it's a manufacturer name, or if it means nunchuck or what.

The boxes do look very, very similar... so maybe they are OEM - they are at least very good copies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    "White" probably.

10. tomqman
    OP

United Kingdom
    well ive ordered the oem wii zapper from dealextreme il post a reveiw when i get it.

11. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    now that's interesting! especially with the low dollar, this looks like a very cool deal for europeans.

12. reon

Newcomer reon Member

United States
    first of all I would like to clear up that these are not OEM but a clone made by some random company. They are trying stretching the definition of OEM quite a bit, I bet lots of people believed it.

wiki:
    Original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, is an ambiguous and abstruse phrase used in relation to the manufacturing and marketing of products. Usage of the phrase is not consistent, but it typically relates to a situation in which one company uses a component made by a second company in its own product, or sells the product of the second company under its own brand.

As we can see if this product was truly OEM, then some part of these controllers would have to be manufactured by the original manufacturer. The following links show the visual differences and some of the functional differences between the original and so-called OEM wiimote.

Note: make sure to read the rest of the article as these links point to the first page only. the following pages show internal differences which prove that these cant be OEM because no original parts were used.
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...zh-CN&tl=en
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...zh-CN&tl=en

-in short these are cheap knockoffs not worth the $12 difference (unless ur in Australia,i think they get theirs for $90). stick with originals for longevity and reliability. I dont blame DX for gettings these though, I buy from them alot and lots people have been whining to get cheaper wiimotes/nunchuck. So they got it [​IMG]

13. Monster On Strin

Member Monster On Strin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It actually looks better than the original on the deal extreme comparison picture( to me anyway)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. reon

Newcomer reon Member

United States
    agreed. this could be legit, but I'm not gunna be the guinea pig [​IMG]

15. warfab

Newcomer warfab Member

Philippines
    Wü? It's the most common Wiimote & Nanchuck clone brands being sold here in the Philippines! lol
    When I first saw them being offered in one of the stores here, I was amazed at how you'd easily mistake them for the real ones by Nintendo. The Wü Wiimote and Nanchuck clones I got to test grip felt slippery so I decided to buy the real ones from Nintendo instead. They usually bundle the Wü Wiimote and Nanchuck clones together as a package.

16. RoD131

Newcomer RoD131 Member

Afghanistan
  17. Phinxy

Newcomer Phinxy Newbie

Sweden
    This comparison above is not about the Dx one, There are no rewievs on the Dx wiimote yet.
    I ordered one wiimote from Dx, Really cheap compared to the price in europe (60-70 dollar)

18. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    but i dont have a wü [​IMG]

19. Jundeezy

Member Jundeezy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Non-Nintendo branded Wiimote and nunchuck? atleast they are cheaper. i will probably get this.