Cheap good places to get pre-modded Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Livin in a box, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I've been looking for a place that I can buy a pre-modded Xbox 360 for the cheapest price to get to the UK. I've looked at OzModChips, but at about £186 for it (and it's arcade) I think that's a bit expensive. So are there any good places? I will continue to search and if I find anything I'll say here. Reason I'm wanting one is because...Well, a lot of my friends have them and (I know of Natal and the new possible 360) even though I have a PS3 and Wii...A lot of more people have a 360, but I want to keep my PS3.

Anyway, enough of that. I'd hack it myself, but I'd just mess it up and I don't think I have the right tools, and buying new boards and stuff...Nah.

My sites:
    https://www.gameworlddirect.co.uk/brandnewp...bccf917b75304ad - £209.99, pre modded with iXtreme

2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Microsoft cleared that up, the 360 will live till 2015, no new 360 anytime soon

Your right about the hacking, like your scared about it. But it's really nothing. £209.99, is quite pricey, but it sounds reasonable enough.

i mean i got a elite last week for my brother, and it cost me 410$ with an extra game pad, Gears of War 2, and a rechargeable battery pack.

So yeah, just consider your options, i mean its not that you buy these things every day.

3. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    What, making sure the board's the right one, then getting the right one, then buying SATA cables and hooking all that up, then updating it with the right thing...Nah. Rather just buy one pre-modded.

4. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Well, i'll let ya know how hard the 360 flashing goes. Going to be doing in this weekend. Just got a Sata controller, and i'm checking on options now. From what i've been seeing, its almost brainless now. You need to know the drive you have (too many guides to mention), then grab an all-in-one flashing program, hooked the 360 Drive to the sata card, click "go" and its pretty much ready to roll. (the sata card cost about $20US from amazon).

Now, this info is from my recent research. I haven't done it yet, so none of this is proven [​IMG]

If i'm mistaken on my understanding (directed to anyone that reads this, that has flashed their 360), please correct me.

Or i'll correct myself when i get around to this lol.

ps, i'm just stating this, saying that it IS a lot easier than it looks. However, going the preflash route might better for you. I happen to have 3 360's in my place... one is mine, 2 belong to 2 roomates, so mine is a test bed, but then i'll be flashing drives for local friends (and even further people, if they pay for the shipping lol).

5. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've chipped my Wii (with a WiiClip though, lol), so I don't really think that counts. It's just that I only really have my laptop, and I don't believe that has any SATA ports, and I don't even know if my PC has. It's really old. I'd like, of course, maybe if someone else could just flash the drive for me, but there aren't many people on here from the UK, and we get taxed here a lot for sending things off and recieving stuff from the US, so that's a no go.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It is not all the difficult and if you like I could send my kit out in the likely event you end up with a liteon. There are also a fair few people well versed in modding 360s here on the 'temp from the UK.

If you want though:
    http://redboxmod.com/products.php?product=...0-Arcade-Bundle coming in at £160 (arcade model as the link implies)
    UK based site.

If you can settle for a 20 gig hard drive (if you have a flashed drive demos are more or less useless and they are the main thing to take up space) there are probably a few people with a banned or RROD xbox that will part with the drive for a token sum.
    There is also a unboxed version (no leads or anything for about £120) but it apparently out of stock (again banned or rrod xboxes are a good source of such things).

As for the site I ordered from them the other week, no complaints.

7. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thing is though, I have no SATA ports so doing anything is out of question. I've opened my PC today and no SATA ports in there, and my laptop obviously doesn't have any. I've heard that there is a place in the Trafford Centre (Manchester) that does flash 360's, and I'm only about 10 miles away, but he said that it's about £50. So I doubt I'll go there.

I think I'll have a look on eBay too. But I think I'll have to get one for Christmas; in less than a year I've bought a PS3 (£300), Guitar Hero WT (£100) and a DSi (£130), so I don't think my parents will let me get anything else. But there's no harm in looking how much they are.

8. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Be carefull out their as their is a new liteon in newer 360 that can NOT be flashed atm..........

9. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Meh, new lite-on is done, just not made public yet. Even if you do get one, just have to wait a bit, nothing to worry about.

10. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Is it the same procedure as SATA hacking it and stuff?

Because I have no SATA ports...Unless I unplug some shiz from my desktop...Like my HDD?

11. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Most people buy a £10 sata PCI card:
    http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=via+642...amp;output=nojs

edit: appears most of them are around £5.

@Armadillo got a link to any threads discussing such things on hand by any chance?

@rommy667 many thanks; rather embarrassingly I was there earlier on and must have missed it.

12. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
  13. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I know ModchipCentral.com sells them and are reliable. I got my R4 there and it shipped decently fast (about a week, but they're from Winnipeg and I'm from New Jersey). They have pretty good prices, although the shipping might be a bitch. They do ship worldwide, though.

14. Acetic Orcein

Member Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What shop are you referring to? I cant think of any shop that would be be flashing 360's there lol.

15. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    I don't know, he said it was some dodgy looking shop right at the back. That really helped me a lot. ¬¬

16. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry to double post, but I read that in iXtreme 1.6 you have to burn your games at 12x. Is that true?

17. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    Not at all, current iextreme firmwares read games at 12x but you can burn at any rate your drive and/or media will take, what it refers to is the slower but less noisy versions read speeds a few versions back sported. It was considered a banning risk so such things were discontinued.

18. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Oh right, thanks for that. I'm just looking for a DVD drive now that will supposed 12x speeds and is half decent, though I won't need one 'till about November anyway, so...Yeah.

19. pitoui

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Be careful whilst burning though.

I only burn my XBOX games at 2.4x as that's the max of my DL DVDs.

20. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Why...? What can go wrong?