Chase: Cold Case Investigations trailer

Aksys Games is bringing Chase: Cold Case Investigations to the Nintendo 3DS on October 13th. The game is made by the former employees of developer Cing, who made adventure games like Another Code, Hotel Dusk, and Little King's Story. Nintendo UK has published a teaser trailer, linked above.

:arrow: Official Site

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The price tag worries me a bit. Hopefully this doesn't take only a few hours to finish.
€5.99 is the normal price and €4.79 is the discounted price when using 20 my nintendo gold coins. Not sure if I should fork over 20 coins for a €1.20 discount.
It is indeed very short; about 2 hours to complete it. I was shocked, but I suppose it makes sense for the price.

Reactions: VinsCool and Issac

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It is indeed very short; about 2 hours to complete it. I was shocked, but I suppose it makes sense for the price.
That's a positive thing in my eyes. I am tired of everything being 40+ hours unless it's an arcade game, sometimes it's nice with something short and sweet, and easily digestible.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did anyone else notice that the banner plays that glitchy beep/bloop sound as if they forgot to include a sound to play, or the bcwav was malformed? Kind of amusing. @ihaveamac brought it to my attention.

Reactions: VinsCool

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
pretty disappointing, but was it good (to you)?
Heh, I have to leave some content for my review :P

Dang that's a bummer. Oh well I will still get it. Also is the character really not Kyle Hyde or has he any relationship to him?
No relation, but it definitely seems like a reference, by his design

Reactions: ihaveahax

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought the game but why does it have the same morse-style banner music on the 3DS home menu as the custom gateway launcher cia I installed ages ago?
Did anyone else notice that the banner plays that glitchy beep/bloop sound as if they forgot to include a sound to play, or the bcwav was malformed? Kind of amusing. @ihaveamac brought it to my attention.
basically, if your banner audio has problems, several beeps play instead of the actual audio.

Dumb_Wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished the game. it takes about 90 minutes to complete and ends with a HUGE cliffhanger, so it has to be episodic (its been about 5-6 months since its been released in Japan), so I guess we can expect more cases next year. Overall it was pretty good as a proof of concept, and I think that the next episodes will be WAY more interesting after how it ends. It may seem dull, but this case is necessary for the game to lift off into something bigger. Its like a 7.5/10 due to the sometimes rough translation, short length and very slow opening.

I recommend reading the short story on the website before playing it, it helps give a better understanding of the two main leads.
http://aksysgames.com/chase/media/

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
lazy developers.

for those curious, the banner audio is 4 seconds long. the max is 3, so it can't be played properly.
You also have to give a shout out to Nintendo, who amazingly fail to catch this crap at lotcheck.

trivia: blockforms and pure chess also do this (banner.wav beeping).

Reactions: ihaveahax

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also have to give a shout out to Nintendo, who amazingly fail to catch this crap at lotcheck.

trivia: blockforms and pure chess also do this (banner.wav beeping).
also noticed BlockForm does it too. since when did developers become incredibly lazy?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they started to have more tools and more stuff to work with.
banner audio should not be something to screw up. it's really easy to do, and mistakes should be immediately obvious. it's one of the first things the user notices about your game after downloading, and messing that up doesn't really inspire much confidence in the game's quality...

Reactions: VinsCool and zoogie

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
banner audio should not be something to screw up. it's really easy to do, and mistakes should be immediately obvious. it's one of the first things the user notices about your game after downloading, and messing that up doesn't really inspire much confidence in the game's quality...

I was meaning quality overall., which includes that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on