Charles Manson had.... A LG flip phone under his mattress?

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
58055149.jpg
Charles Manson didn't post to Facebook using a smart phone, but he did make calls using a cell phone from prison.
The infamous convicted murderer had an LG flip phone hidden under his mattress which was found by prison officials. Manson used the phone to make calls and send text messages to people in California, New Jersey, Florida and British Columbia, Terry Thornton, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections, told the Los Angeles Times.
"Contraband cell phones are becoming so prevalent in California prisons that guards can't keep them out of the hands of the most notorious and violent inmates: Even Charles Manson, orchestrator of one of the most notorious killing rampages in U.S. history," said the Times' report, referring to the 1969 murders of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people.
President Barack Obama signed a bill in August that bans cell phones from federal prisons and makes it a crime that is punishable by up to a year in jail for smuggling one in, notes the Times. But the bill does not apply to state prison facilities. And that's where Manson, 76, is housed, at Corcoran State Prison, in Kings County, Calif.
Justin Walker, another convicted murderer, was recently discovered using a BlackBerry to post preening photos of himself from his prison cell on Facebook. That state does make it a felony to have a cell phone in a correctional facility, and authorities are investigating the case.

In California, the cell phones-in-prison issue has "been exponential in recent years, authorities say. Guards found 1,400 in 2007, when the department began to keep records of confiscations. The number jumped to 6,995 in 2009 and stands at 8,675 so far this year," the newspaper said.
Outraged by the report, state Sen. Alex Padilla said Friday he plans to introduce two bills to "crack down on the illegal proliferation of cell phones and other wireless communication devices in California prisons."
"As long as prisoners can get their hands on cell phones, neither our prisons nor our communities will be completely secure," he said in a statement Friday.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's funny because I can't get cell phone service in school and now I'm being told that prisoners can have cell phone service? They should employ devices that block cell phone signals.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
3:07 am

Riiiiiiiiiing

Me: Hello?

Manson: Hey, buddy. It's me, Charlie.

Me: ......wat.

Manson: Accept my friend request on Facebook? I'll upload some pictures. I got a haircut.

Me: (Hides in closet)

This is freaky news. To think that some big time murderers are calling out of the prisons is kinda unsettling, even if I don't know any. Getting a call from Charles Manson at 3 in the morning would pretty much be the penultimate.

D

Deleted_171835

Zetta_x said:
They should employ devices that block cell phone signals.
Damn it.
That's what I was going to say. Jammers would be a good idea.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These dirty bastards should be breaking rocks on a chain gang but no they get all the drugs they want, they can have a boyfriend, a cell phone, a special meal plan, excellent dental coverage, hell the state will even pay for hormones and sex change operations. With conditions like that I'm surprised there's not a waiting list to get into prison.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Zetta_x said:
Damn it.
Then how are the guards supposed to order pizzas?! A land line? With wires?! That's just stupid. Jammers are clearly a horrible idea.

D

Deleted_171835

injected11 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Zetta_x said:
Damn it.
Then how are the guards supposed to order pizzas?! A land line? With wires?! That's just stupid. Jammers are clearly a horrible idea.
Jammers will only jam the area near the prison cells.
It might interfere with their transceivers, though.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
injected11 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Zetta_x said:
Damn it.
rofl.gif

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Jammers work fine.

My local Morrisons have them, it makes the signal seriously choppy and you can barely get any sort of connection, but as soon as you stepped outside it was as if nothing was wrong.

If it stops Prisoners using them in anyway that could possibly harm people in anyway, then it should be done.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
These dirty bastards should be breaking rocks on a chain gang but no they get all the drugs they want, they can have a boyfriend, a cell phone, a special meal plan, excellent dental coverage, hell the state will even pay for hormones and sex change operations. With conditions like that I'm surprised there's not a waiting list to get into prison.

tell it brother, my grandpa's a retired cop and currently a park ranger.... he tells me they get to play psp in prison, what the hell's up with that?

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:

Not only that, but they get food regardless; a place to sleep when normal folk bust ass working to pay the rent on their crappy apartments; free education, and all that jazz. I watched a special once, that mentioned people deliberately getting into jail, for these reasons. So, our taxes are being used to help these fuckers live easy, while the non-criminals tend to have it rough. Woot.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SubliminalSegue said:
Bladexdsl said:
and how did he get the numbers of all these people?
QUOTE said:
Then how are the guards supposed to order pizzas?
maybe charlie was trying to order a pizza after being fed up with prison food?!
rofl2.gif

Right. Cause Manson totally drove up quite a fortune as an inmate.
To think Charles Manson doesn't still have influence and wealth just because he's in prison is naive.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geminisama said:
Pliskron said:

Not only that, but they get food regardless; a place to sleep when normal folk bust ass working to pay the rent on their crappy apartments; free education, and all that jazz. I watched a special once, that mentioned people deliberately getting into jail, for these reasons. So, our taxes are being used to help these fuckers live easy, while the non-criminals tend to have it rough. Woot.

I do understand what you mean but on the otherhand look at it from a different point of view.

These people will be released into society eventually. They are already criminals that murder, rob, harm and do other things to those around them. If they are being given an education, normal life, food etc they have more chance of reintergrating back into society then when they are starved, dumb and treated like an animal in prison.
Because if you're a criminal and go to jail would you be intrested in intergrating when the people who you are intergrating with never gave a damn about you and treated you like an animal? I sure dont

Btw things like Playstations, cellphones, drugs and other luxeries are ofcourse things that should be prohibited but an education, medical care and a life inside prison shouldnt be denied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol