Charging Station (batteries)

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dlf, Sep 10, 2009.

Sep 10, 2009

Charging Station (batteries) by dlf at 12:51 AM (782 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Despite using rechargeable batteries (double a), I am think of getting a charging station, which should I get? As to why I want this . . . the batteries I have now don't seem to always fully charge when I put them in the charger. As I also have wii-fit, the amount of batteries I have for 2 wiimotes (might get more later) and the board would seem to go quickly. -- Also is there a set of batteries for the wii fit board?

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I've had the Nyko two controller one since around launch, and it's amazing.

There's also one that holds four controllers.

3. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do your wiimotes always have about 3-4 bars? Isn't the four wiimote charger like $5 (or $10) more than the two? Any battery (like pack) for the wii-fit-board?

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i've seen some bat packs for the board on ebay their from japan though

5. Bluee

Newcomer Bluee Member

United States
    I highly recommend the Nyko charge station (holds 2 remotes). You have to take the condom off of course, and the dock itself can be a bit finicky for proper placement for charge, but it has worked well for me and the charge holds for a good amount of playing time. I keep AAs on standby just in case I lose charge, but that has never happened.

The Nyko charge station is most economical if you buy it with the Wii and never have to spend money on batteries, but you will still end up saving money even if you buy the charge station this late.

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    the problem with any charge station though is they all use low Mah batteries in it your better off buying 2800 Mah nimh bats and a charger.

7. Sir_Shaggy

Member Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is true. Most of the charge stations come with cheap rechargeable battery packs, I find my battery packs last about 10-12 hours worth of gameplay, and maybe 8 hours gameplay with the nunchuck. If you get high 2800 MaH batteries they will maybe last twice as long.

The plus side to my charge station is that it acts like the base stand for the wii and includes an additional fan for cooling and a fancy blue led base. ( http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Charge-Station-T...o/dp/B000TU4PDE )

8. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    $20 for that seems awesome! . . . I doubt it comes with a battery pack. I know of only Nyko that sells packs.

9. Sir_Shaggy

Member Sir_Shaggy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It does come with 2 battery packs.