Charging EZ 3in1 Battery

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by evoo1, Aug 6, 2008.

1. evoo1
    OP

evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2008
    Australia
    Vienna
    When randomly browsing some NDS Hombrew forums, i cam across a post that said it's possible to recharge the EZ 3in1's Battery by leaving it in your DS while it's connected to a charger. It also says, your DS must be shut down and you should keep the charger connected even a few hours once the DS itself is fully recharged.

Can this really be done?

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Nope, the 3-in-1 uses a non-rechargeable CR1220 battery. If it dies on you you'll have to replace it.

3. evoo1
    OP

evoo1 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2008
    Australia
    Vienna
    yeah I thought so.

thanks for you reply though [​IMG]

4. cutterjohn

cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    If you need to replace the battery and if you do it yourself, or whomever does the replacement, you might want to have them add a battery clip instead of re-soldering a new battery directly.

I wish that EZ would've done this in the first place, but they were likely worried about batteries being knocked loose from the clip during shipping -> false defective returns, and/or possibly, more cynically, ensuring a bit of future income.

5. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    You don't really have to bother soldering anything. Just use a piece of scotch tape all around to make it stick between the clips, I did it 6 times and it worked each time.

6. Shabadage

Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2008
    United States
    Colorado
    does the positive side face up or down? My 3in1 just died again and I don't want to reverse the battery!

7. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Yes positive on both lite and gba-sized EZflash faces downwards. Mine faces upwards cause it's "special". [​IMG]