OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Is it alright to not have a charger in?

Cause I'm planning to flash a DS, but the person left the charger at home.

What's the worst case scenario? Should be fine if it doesn't turn red right? ( The battery LED )

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's ok, but if your battery pops out, it will turn off and you will have to run recovery mode.

According to the Charger cord "protection" while flashing thread, having the charger plugged in wouldn't help if the battery pops out, although I've not tested this myself.

But it seems like that the power cutting off if the battery is removed, with the charger plugged in ONLY happens with DS Lites...

I saw someone else on a different forum say that you can remove the battery and just use the charger for power.
That does NOT work on a DS Lite, that's for certain.

Or maybe it just doesn't work on a flashed DS. I don't know. I know for an absolute fact it didn't work on my flashed DS Lite, though. Your mileage may vary, as always....

BTW there is no problem with it "charging" while flashing, just like there is no problem with it charging while playing. But be safe and tape the battery into the holder and then cover it with your hands.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yes, I assumed the original poster was talking about a DS Lite but I see he just says DS in which case the charger should power the console even with the battery out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Nah let's just talk about fecal matter it may run off the norms