Charging During Flash

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by yee, Aug 16, 2006.

Aug 16, 2006

Charging During Flash by yee at 12:56 AM (730 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. yee
    OP

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Is it alright to not have a charger in?

Cause I'm planning to flash a DS, but the person left the charger at home.

What's the worst case scenario? Should be fine if it doesn't turn red right? ( The battery LED )

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    it's ok, but if your battery pops out, it will turn off and you will have to run recovery mode.

3. MrSpam

Newcomer MrSpam Member

United States
    It's fine, just not recommended

4. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    According to the Charger cord "protection" while flashing thread, having the charger plugged in wouldn't help if the battery pops out, although I've not tested this myself.

5. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But it seems like that the power cutting off if the battery is removed, with the charger plugged in ONLY happens with DS Lites...

I saw someone else on a different forum say that you can remove the battery and just use the charger for power.
    That does NOT work on a DS Lite, that's for certain.

Or maybe it just doesn't work on a flashed DS. I don't know. I know for an absolute fact it didn't work on my flashed DS Lite, though. Your mileage may vary, as always....

BTW there is no problem with it "charging" while flashing, just like there is no problem with it charging while playing. But be safe and tape the battery into the holder and then cover it with your hands.

6. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    Ah yes, I assumed the original poster was talking about a DS Lite but I see he just says DS in which case the charger should power the console even with the battery out.