Chargers

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, im going on a 10day outdoor bear gryls style campning thingy and the thought of no electricity is driving me crazy is their any reliable battery powerd/wind up chargers you guys no off compatible with a galaxy s3?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have to first ask is it not the whole point of doing such a thing? That said I purposely lack a phone and have no idea what it is like to be attached to one. Also are you making camp somewhere or carting it around with everything on your back? If it is all on your back you really do not want to be adding too much extra.

Are we talking emergency use, a bit of light texting in the evening or chatting 24/7 in "I think you missed the point" style?

Most modern phones charge by USB (I think it is EU law even) so you do not have to refine your search beyond does it have a USB. Knowing this most things will chuck a USB onto the device as a little extra selling point.

Your three options are mainly
Solar. I mostly deal with 12V or full on house stuff and have not really looked to see what is happening at the 5V world. Similarly at this time of year it is probably not worth the hassle, especially if you have to carry a battery too.
Wind up. I would probably hang it off the back of a wind up torch.
Battery. There are things like the minty boost which will be the easiest though the wind up stuff I am looking at.

You say reliable.... proper climbing or milspec grade stuff will come at a reasonable price. Your basic wind up torch or the other options seem to run you about £15. That said the climbing/military stuff will be designed to take a pounding, the other stuff is hardly unreliable though.

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its part of my court order id rather not be going but its better than breaching probation and jail so :L once there i have no access to ANYTHING so incar/usb is totally out the window!!

I basically just want to be able to get enough charge each day to text loved ones/check emails/and lurk on here! :)

My budgets around £15-30, i live in scotland so solar power is defo out!!! thanks for the fast replies guys :)

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Couldnt purchase this quick enough exactly what i was looking for but unable to find, my deepist gratitude sir thank you :)

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nah dude i said solar powerd was out i stay in scotland lol, ive bought the one fast recomended this thread could technically be closed? unless you guys want a quick review of the product when i recive it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c