Charge Wii remote via the Nunchick slot???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by technom8t, Jul 28, 2009.

Jul 28, 2009
  1. technom8t
    OP

Member technom8t GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok so her is my problem, i got a couple of kids who constantly play my Wii. I was forever buying new batteries for them, so decided to get rechargeable ones of course, these were all fine and well and recharged perfectly in the Wii docking station, BUT now that motion plus has emerged and is attached to the bottom of the wii remotes and on top of that you have your extra length wii remote cover to make up for the extra size caused by the motion plus, so now every time i want to charge my Wii's i now need to strip off the remote covers, then my Wii motion plus and then put them on charge and of course when they are done i need then put them all back on again( i have 4 remote) so it becoming a bit of a pain for me, and im also concerned about taking the motion plus off and on all the time, so my question is.

is there anything out there that will allow me to charge my Wii remotes via the Nunchuk slot, thus allowing me to keep my remotes
    in 1 piece when charging.

2. WB3000

Member WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I highly doubt there is, however since you are open to purchasing another solution, you could try buying the USB charging packs. I plan on cutting a small opening in the back of the covers so that I don't have to remove them to plug in the cable.

I know they were around $10 when I saw them yesterday (at a Target store). It's just another option, perhaps it won't work for you.

3. technom8t
    OP

Member technom8t GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You are the man, a simple little round pin hole in the Wii remote cover and this will solve all my problems, i should really have thought about that LOL.

This will be perfect thanks mate.

4. ozguy

Member ozguy GBAtemp Regular

United States