Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Characters.jpg

Critiques? Questions?

Other than the lopsidedness, roughness, failure of depth.... yeeeah, still practicing...

If anyone's wondering, I keep posting updates on this blog because my site isn't very popular
tongue.gif

Stahl Reich Website

Juggernaut - 10' tall Juggernaut-class Stahl soldier. The most powerful, heavily defended, yet most primitive of all the Stahl. The "helmet" is built on and cannot be removed, and the Juggernaut is not very flexible compared to the Standard- or Assassin-class. This version carries 4x .45-cal Chainguns, which get their ammo from a very large backpack style ammo box. Individual Juggernauts can choose their weapons, shoulder mounted, non-mounted, regular weapons (like large rifles), etc. Weapons of Choice: Anti-Armor Chainguns.

Reaper - An elite Shimeran warrior, comparable to modern day S.A.S. or Navy SEAL. Reapers use a special mix of chemicals to make their wings transparent, and wear a cloak that absorbs almost all light, making it extremely easy for them to blend into shadows. The cloak is practically frictionless, which means it doesn't interfere with flight and is extremely quiet. Only the Reapers know what the cloak is made of. Weapons of choice: Shimeran Talon Daggers (Sketch coming soon!)

Ancient - One of the oldest models in the Asura Collective. The Collective was started when robots developed intelligence and rebelled from their creators, often destroying their makers in the process. The Ancient Ones are shrouded in mystery, both where they came from and how they were made. The strange cones on the ends of their arms are some sort of plasma cannons, drawing energy from an unknown source to create a beam that can lay waste to a city block. This would make the Collective one of the most powerful empires, but only a handful of these bizarre-looking Ancients remain. Weapon of choice: Lost Tech Plasma Cannon (built in)

Human Assassin - Humans have not fared very well. Crushed and scattered by the Stahl Reich, then later pushed to extinction by the Shimeran Empire, Humans are fighting for their lives deep in Asura territory. Lacking the power of numbers like the other races of the galaxy, they've been forced into using darker tactics. Humans are the masters of stealth technology; every ship in their fleet, every aircraft, and most vehicles and soldiers possess some sort of tech that can mask their presence. Assassins are the best examples. Their armor consists of micro-cameras, -mirrors, and -displays that render them completely invisible. Their armor can also perfectly mask their scent and thermal signs, making them undetectable to literally any enemy. Weapons of choice: Cloakable Stilletto, Cloakable .50-Cal Sniper Rifle

Due to network issues on Webs.com's end, this probably won't be up on the site for a while. I've been struggling for the past 30 mins... ugh...
hate2.gif

UPDATE: Worked! stahlreich.webs.com has been updated!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Emm...
I don't know.
The sketches look very unprofessional, and the little backgrounds sound a bit cliché :S
But maybe that's just me.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
The background on your blog makes me dizzy when scrolling :S

Yeah, it makes me dizzy too lol :c

--

I know they look unprofessional, thus why I'm learning lol. Also, story is still WIP. I'm trying to work out as many sci-fi cliches as possible... which is a lot harder than you'd think :/

Thanks for the comments and feedback, guys!
grog.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
chrisman01 said:
Minox_IX said:
The background on your blog makes me dizzy when scrolling :S

Yeah, it makes me dizzy too lol :c

--

I know they look unprofessional, thus why I'm learning lol. Also, story is still WIP. I'm trying to work out as many sci-fi cliches as possible... which is a lot harder than you'd think :/

Thanks for the comments and feedback, guys!
grog.gif
You might wanna check tvtropes.org then
laugh.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0ddity said:
My first impression of the pictures, was from left to right, storm trooper, the emperor, battle droid and boba fett. Just saying,

Yup that's exactly the same thing I thought when I saw them.

I would suggest a redesign but that's just my opinion.

The Human Republic - just an armour redesign will suffice.
Asura Collective - hmmm robots...it's a tough thing to design.
Shimeran Empire - I get the impression of a spider/bat/humanoid mashup, maybe try alienating it?
wink.gif
they don't all have to be "humanoid"
Stahl Reich - I'm thinking Cyborg race? that's atleast what it looks like you are trying to pull off with them. I'f I'm raightmay I suggest again ditching the "humanoid" armour style for more of a cyborg style? By this I mean the oragnic part covered by some form or armour whilst the robotic parts are out in the open, they look like an "offensive" (as in attacking) race therefor you can presume any robotic parts of the cyborg would be created in a way that makes it strong and durable in battle.

and forgive me if I'm wayyy of in my cyborg presumption that's just the vibe I'm getting, I also have no idea what the backstory to the game is so again forgive me if my suggestions don't fit in.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
0ddity said:
My first impression of the pictures, was from left to right, storm trooper, the emperor, battle droid and boba fett. Just saying,

Yup that's exactly the same thing I thought when I saw them.

I would suggest a redesign but that's just my opinion.

The Human Republic - just an armour redesign will suffice.
Asura Collective - hmmm robots...it's a tough thing to design.
Shimeran Empire - I get the impression of a spider/bat/humanoid mashup, maybe try alienating it?
wink.gif
they don't all have to be "humanoid"
Stahl Reich - I'm thinking Cyborg race? that's atleast what it looks like you are trying to pull off with them. I'f I'm raightmay I suggest again ditching the "humanoid" armour style for more of a cyborg style? By this I mean the oragnic part covered by some form or armour whilst the robotic parts are out in the open, they look like an "offensive" (as in attacking) race therefor you can presume any robotic parts of the cyborg would be created in a way that makes it strong and durable in battle.

and forgive me if I'm wayyy of in my cyborg presumption that's just the vibe I'm getting, I also have no idea what the backstory to the game is so again forgive me if my suggestions don't fit in.

I see your points, but in reality it's waaay different. I just made this sketch to give an idea of the four races. Personally, the Ancient looks more like that medical droid to me... maybe that's where I got the inspiration :/

That and the Human doesn't look at all like Boba's helmet to me.... This helmet shows his/her entire face, whereas Boba only had slits. (Wouldn't that ruin his peripheral vison? How DID he become the galaxy's best bounty hunter?!
unsure.gif
)

I just got out of a looong day of work (take my advice: DO NOT WORK COLLEGE SECURITY!), so I won't do much sketching tonight, but I'll try to make more detailed sketches of the races.

Human Republic - yeah, still working on the armor. There are so many sci-fi armors out there it's hard to design one without violating a copyright
frown.gif

Asura - LOL you have no idea, especially if they're supposed to be compiled of robots from hundreds of alien races... That and sci-fi robots have the same issue as the human armor :/

Shimeran - This just needs a different sketch. I should have chosen a different class, because Reapers hide everything but their wings under their cloak until they strike. They're humanoid as in they have a head and a pair of legs, but that's where the similarities end.

Stahl - yeah, waaay off about the Stahl, sorry
wink.gif
. The Stahl are an intelligent race of robots created by Emperor Taranis on Earth. Unlike the Asurans, they don't want to destroy all organic life, but rather unite it under one empire and prevent them from killing itself off, like the humans were about to do before the Stahl Reich rose. They also don't use a hive mind system like the Asurans, which allows them to have individual thoughts and ideas. In the long run helps them to evolve and grow as a race better.

The idea for Stahl and Asura comes from robots seem to only have two themes in sci-fi: They can ONLY be good, or ONLY be evil.

The Asurans are apparently evil, but on the other hand most of them suffered harsh conditions before abandoning/destroying their creators. So is it justified revenge that they want to destroy organic life, before more of their kind are abused to do work and tasks no organic race would do?

And the Stahl; They want to unite the galaxy, and they're very supportive to races that need help or become allies, yet they possess some of the most powerful weapons of all the races. They can (and do) raze planets until nothing is left but polluted oceans and volcanic landscapes. They almost never take prisoners, and always crush their enemies without mercy. Are they evil? Good? Or somewhere in between?

-Edited for spelling-

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Finished a new sketch! Shimeran Nymph: the main forces of the Shimeran Empire, they are also the most primitive. They appear sentient because they know how to operate complicated weapons and machinery, yet they have no spoken language. Their Overlords and Reaper Shimerans, however, can communicate verbally and telepathically. This is how the Nymphs can receive orders, but non-telepaths and/or non-Shimerans cannot communicate or read their actions.

Note the extended claws on the second set of arms. Nymphs excel in foot combat, with or without weapons. They're natural killing machines, their claws able to rend flesh and damage most armor, and their double set of wings giving them superior speed, maneuverability, and stability.

Their eyes are segmented like a bug's, which gives them excellent peripheral vision and lets them quad-wield small firearms. Their eyes appear hollow, but in fact they're so black that they absorb most light, which also contributes to their superior eyesight.

Reapers are basically aged Nymphs; as Nymphs age their claws grow and their top and bottom sets of wings somehow swap. If the Nymph can pass a Colosseum-style test, [he/she/it/?] covers its wings in chemicals to make them transparent and dons the Reaper's infamous cloak.

(Trivia: Judging from the shape of Shimeran skulls, DNA similarities, and various evidence throughout their Empire, there is a theory that the Shimerans helped humans evolve throughout the millenia. Is this true? Why did they help humans only to turn on them when the Stahl Reich helped mankind into space? I smell sidestory...)

ShimeranNymph.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.