Chapter 2 of Toby Fox's Deltarune surprise launches on PC for free today

q7onYS.png

After nearly three years of radio silence, the newest game from acclaimed Undertale creator Toby Fox released today. Chapter 2 of Deltarune, the parallel story to Undertale, was suddenly announced early yesterday morning to be getting a release this morning on Steam and Itch. Like the first chapter, chapter 2 is available for a free download. However, according to a FAQ on the official Deltarune website, chapters 3-5 will be paid releases. It is also worth noting that these releases are only on Windows and Mac, and it is unknown when chapter 2 will be available on PS4 and Switch.

In a status update posted in September of 2020, Toby Fox stated that future chapters will likely not take as long as chapter 2 has. After releasing chapter 1, most of that development time was spent on finishing a detailed outline of the rest of the chapters, filling out the rest of his team, and trying to find a better engine to make the following chapters in other than GameMaker, which was used to develop the first chapter (before ultimately deciding to continue using GameMaker). As of right now, however, no solid details have been given on when to expect future chapters.

:arrow: Official Deltarune website

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you should also say "also on OS X/XI" also ch 3-5 will be paid games according to itch (when released)

However, according to a FAQ on the official Deltarune website, chapters 3-5 will be paid releases. It is also worth noting that these releases are only on Windows and Mac, and it is unknown when chapter 2 will be available on PS4 and Switch.

Reactions: Chary

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
He's still selling it on Itch? Toby Fox's Undertale and Deltarune are so popular it feels off that they're on Itch haha. I've always had the idea that Indie games are supposed to be niche to be Indie but I guess that's technically wrong as the meaning comes from being independently created iirc.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat. I've been a fan of these games since whenever I played them first. I never really encountered the fan base which I've heard is fairly toxic so my enjoyment wasn't really dampened at all.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Neat. I've been a fan of these games since whenever I played them first. I never really encountered the fan base which I've heard is fairly toxic so my enjoyment wasn't really dampened at all.

Same here, but I will say though since the music is stellar, it's on YouTube and the likes, too much. I've heard the OST and variations of it so much over time on all kinds of content that it has degraded them a bit.

Kinda like how if you listen to a great new song too much it loses its magic after a while and it'll be quite a while till you can enjoy it again, but then it doesn't have the same effect anymore either.

That's my gripe with the fan base and popularity. Other than that, even though admittedly when a piece of media is amazing but at the same time isn't as popular and it feels even more special to me because of it, it's easy to forget any details surrounding the game once you are playing it. Though I reckon a big part of the reason the fan base is bad is cause of all kinds of spoilers, which would definitely ruin one's experience.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like I should finish a Genocide run before tackling Deltarune at all, and I've never gotten around to it. (I know it's quite tedious.)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
5 hours later... It's amazing. But I can't get through the damn basement due to bullshit deaths.
I feel like I should finish a Genocide run before tackling Deltarune at all, and I've never gotten around to it. (I know it's quite tedious.)

Good luck. I still haven't been able to beat Sans. Hell I was barely able to beat Undying Undyne.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup