OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaos Rings III English Translation Project

naX7BRl.jpg
naX7BRl.jpg

This thread is all about the English translation of Chaos Rings III on the PS Vita.

Update: 11/06/2016
English translation Patch Released!

• Team
Programmer/All Around: @zzzzzzzzzzz
Thread Starter (lol): @animex2k9
  • Screenshots
H0tc2at.jpg
sr5Gkti.jpg
ea2VQqR.jpg
IHFbUmC.jpg
V9mUZ4t.jpg
  • Progress
  • Download here

Last edited by animex2k9,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what you should do is edit text yourself and show if it's even possible to do it for that game. By that I mean post screenshots of English text working in the game before asking for help.

And you're not supposed to post copyrighted files on here, so I'm not sure that link is a good idea?

Last edited by AttackOtter,
Reactions: wakabayashy

animex2k9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what you should do is edit text yourself and show if it's even possible to do it for that game. By that I mean post screenshots of English text working in the game before asking for help.

And you're not supposed to post copyrighted files on here, so I'm not sure that link is a good idea?

Thanks for the idea. I will do that. :)

Reactions: wakabayashy

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This would be sweet to have. I own(ed) the game on android. For some reason google play threw it out of my account library and now I can't install it anymore.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yap, tama.

What about if the english text is longer than the japanese? Which sometime a problem with manual hex editing.

Kabayan, havent looked at the files of the game yet but, I think its possible to make a script inserter or even repacker to fit longer text.

Check ko pag may time ako kung pwede makagawa ng ng code, dahil may nagawa na dun sa i am setsuna, baka diyo na lang ako tumulong

Last edited by happydance,

animex2k9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about if the english text is longer than the japanese? Which sometime a problem with manual hex editing.

Kabayan, havent looked at the files of the game yet but, I think its possible to make a script inserter or even repacker to fit longer text.

Check ko pag may time ako kung pwede makagawa ng ng code, dahil may nagawa na dun sa i am setsuna, baka diyo na lang ako tumulong

The file size of the DAT file should be the same or lower than the original DAT file.

Awesome Kabayan! I think that would help a lot on this project. Do you need the files Kabayan?

UPDATE: I've tried deleting all the Japanese Text in the .DAT file of the Android version (English) and leaving all the English files untouched, then I've re-imported the edited .DAT file back to the Japanese package of the PS Vita version and it works! I guess I can just easily delete the Japanese Text from the .DAT files of the Android version without hex editing them manually to the Japanese .DAT files. I guess this will speed up the translation.

Last edited by animex2k9,

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
The file size of the DAT file should be the same or lower than the original DAT file.

Awesome Kabayan! I think that would help a lot on this project. Do you need the files Kabayan?

UPDATE: I've tried deleting all the Japanese Text in the .DAT file

of the Android version (English) and leaving all the English files untouched, then I've re-imported the edited .DAT file back to the Japanese package of the PS Vita version and it works! I guess I can just easily delete the Japanese Text from the .DAT files of the Android version without hex editing them manually to the Japanese .DAT files. I guess this will speed up the translation.

Good thing its that simple as removing the japanese files.

Kung may problema sa pag hack, messaage mo lang ako. Subukan kong makatulong. Nice to know na may kapwa filipino romhacker din akong nakilala

Reactions: MKKhanzo

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I wrote a script for converting the files from JP to ENG since the way you're doing this is kinda janky and would take way more effort than is necessary.
It works for the vast majority of the files but there are still a couple that need to be manually edited (only a select few).
And I'll still need to write a reimporter and check out the images, though even then I don't know if that would cover everything. I'll probably release something when I'm satisfied.

Example album
(These were just reimported with BMS for the purpose of illustration)

animex2k9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! That's great. How about taking over the project? I think yours is much easier and much accurate than my method. Mine has some text problems that will delay the release a bit further. I think yours is much better.

How about it? :)

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! That's great. How about taking over the project? I think yours is much easier and much accurate than my method. Mine has some text problems that will delay the release a bit further. I think yours is much better.

How about it? :)
I was planning on posting whatever I accomplish here, if you consider that "taking over," then okay.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.