Hacking Channels won't boot off the SD card anymore

oxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I'm new to all of this as as such I was attempting to follow this tutorial:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Everything was going fine until I got to the part where I was supposed install bootmii. I got a weird code dump so I reset the Wii and went back. Then I tried again and bootmii would only allow me to install as a IOS. It said installation failed and now when I try to boot boot.elf from the first zip it gives me it no longer automatically gives me the option to boot boot.elf like it did before and gives me a question mark channel. When I try to continue the process and try to load the stuff from the modify.zip from the SD card, the Wii Freezes.

The Wii is now 4.2U and has a homebrew channel. I'd like to know how to proceed so I don't mess anything up anymore. Thanks ahead of time for the help and I'll answer any questions.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the serial # of your Wii? is it a LU64+? or is it prior to LU64? If it is a LU64+, boot1 was changed and no longer has the anomaly that allows you to install BootMii as Boot2. You then have to install it as an IOS or use PriiLoader.

also, need more info. Was the wii previously modded? could you boot from the SD before? did you have the option to install bootmii as boot2 before?

oxis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It is LU38. The Wii was fresh out of the box and I managed to install the homebrew channel on it and I followed all the steps in the tutorial in the link above. Before I could get the boot.elf to load through the data management, sd card screen. Now it doesn't give me that option and so I was concerned. Also my hbc is upside down and I'm not sure how to fix it as I am new to the Wii scene.

My goal is to have the Wii able to boot backups and to have all the normal things things that a standard hacked Wii would have, like bootmii.

SnacksHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiihbcentral.ucoz.com
XP
Country
United States
Get the latest HackMii installer and try installing BootMii again. Also don't try it through the data management b/c you will get a freeze, thus a code dump. The new one is supposed to be booted through the sd card menu instead.

Oh I know why. 4.2 doesn't allow the old hackmii installer to work, that's why you're getting the question mark

just get the latest hackmii and you should be good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night