TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
In the Softmii package, the downgrader allows you to change your shop channel region code.

It won't affect your system in any other way... do the downgrade, change your shop channel code to Japan, buy the points you need with a Japanese credit card, change back to the US.

Yes, you'll have to have a Japanese credit card, or a Japanese Wii Points card... It won't work with US stuff

Do you have a japanese credit card? if not, I suggest simply downloading wads for the few japanese games you want.

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly want Final Fantasy Famicom VC which came out a few days ago but can't find it anywhere (IRC, Usenet, Torrents) I am thinking no one will dump it b/c it's a VC game in Japanese. Of course there's others I want but as you said I can count on 1 hand. Maybe I am not giving it enough time or I am looking in the wrong place?

From what I read on AnyRegion that sounds risky don't want to brick my wii over it. SoftMii package maybe an option but again how hard is to change back?

No I have to buy a Wii points for JAP store, don't have any and not going to use a US card for it prob won't work.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, if you have no japanese credit cards, and no japanese wii points cards, changing your region is pointless. I'll have a quick look around, i'll PM you if I find anything.
wink.gif

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know I just wanted to see how to do it and if I could when I needed it. I would rather pass it on it due to the risks w/ this.

Thanks bro I do apperiate it.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are channels that are 0 Wii points in the jappenese wii shop channel. Just delete your wii shop channel account and then change the wii shop channel region to 01.

buding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, are you guys saying that wii point cards are limited by regions? For example there is no way to add points to a Japanese wii shop channel with a point card bought from North America, am I right?

Such a bad news cuz I was just planning to play online mode in Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter 3 Tri in the future...
frown.gif

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tubebar said:
Yeah I know I just wanted to see how to do it and if I could when I needed it. I would rather pass it on it due to the risks w/ this.

Thanks bro I do apperiate it.

How do I delete the channel and change it? I thought I had to use AnyRegion changer or SoftMii downgrade? Obviously I don't care about running the games as I'll make region free wads anyway.

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buding said:
So, are you guys saying that wii point cards are limited by regions? For example there is no way to add points to a Japanese wii shop channel with a point card bought from North America, am I right?

Such a bad news cuz I was just planning to play online mode in Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter 3 Tri in the future...
frown.gif

You need to buy Jap point cards that's all: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-99-49-...wii+points.html

tubebar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I ever get to shop in the JAp shop I'll dump needed WADs, not sure if that's been dumped? I am looking for Final Fantasy VC (just came out) and no one seems to want to dump it due to crappy injects...dunno how easy this is to do and sounds rather risky too
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol