Hacking Changing Wi-Fi settings in emunand without kick to sysnand

Killaclown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there any homebrew that allows this for the N3DS? The SD management one is a nice workaround, just wondering if someone made the same for wi-fi and if it's even possible.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew that allows this for the N3DS? The SD management one is a nice workaround, just wondering if someone made the same for wi-fi and if it's even possible.
I have not seen one. On the home screen top left is a menu and you can disable wireless communications/nfc. I use that frequently.

Killaclown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have not seen one. On the home screen top left is a menu and you can disable wireless communications/nfc. I use that frequently.

Yeah, me too :grog: Just would have been nice to not have to do all the witchcraft to go from sys to emu every time I try to change wifi connections. Should be good once I get homepass to work at all though, just have to put in some extra work for now. Thanks for answering!

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is the network setter tool dev app, but it doesn't support home-menu exiting. It also doesn't support a few specific keyboard keys for ssid/password, such as the @ symbol. So its just as bad as the normal settings path. But hey its something?

Killaclown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is the network setter tool dev app, but it doesn't support home-menu exiting. It also doesn't support a few specific keyboard keys for ssid/password, such as the @ symbol. So its just as bad as the normal settings path. But hey its something?

Is that dev app available for download anywhere? tried looking for it, but only found the 3dsbrew info site. Saw that savedatafiler was on the same site, and I already have that installed, so can the rest be found somewhere or what? Even though that sounds limited, it is way better than the time consuming process of emunand > setting > sysnand > CN > GW red card > emunand every single time I have to change network settings.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that dev app available for download anywhere? tried looking for it, but only found the 3dsbrew info site. Saw that savedatafiler was on the same site, and I already have that installed, so can the rest be found somewhere or what? Even though that sounds limited, it is way better than the time consuming process of emunand > setting > sysnand > CN > GW red card > emunand every single time I have to change network settings.

It's definitely available somewhat commonly. All the dev apps can be found.

Also it seems I left out a bit of the info on accident. When I said it doesn't support home menu closing, it also doesn't support power-button closing. So either way you are forced to turn off the console to change network settings so far.

Killaclown

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's definitely available somewhat commonly. All the dev apps can be found.

Also it seems I left out a bit of the info on accident. When I said it doesn't support home menu closing, it also doesn't support power-button closing. So either way you are forced to turn off the console to change network settings so far.

Ah, I see. Yeah, read your comment again, was more me misreading the home-menu exiting part. Got a little excited when I thought there was an easier way :lol: Well thanks for explaining!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM