Changing to FAT32 for USB Loading

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by VashTS, Dec 15, 2009.

Dec 15, 2009
  1. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Is there a software that can extract the .wbfs file on the WBFS formatted partition? I want to convert to FAT32 as I mainly use USB Loader GX and it now supports it, but I don't want to extract the entire 4.7GB ISO, it takes way to long and I don't have enough space for it. I know WBFS Manager will extract but it unscrubs it so it comes out to 4.7 GB. Any help is appreciated.

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
  3. VashTS
    OP

United States
    thanks man, always quick on the reply and accurate as hell!

only sucks that it says supports only 2GB file size, is that a problem? I do have SSBB and the new Sengoku Musou on there which are dual layer...

4. xzxero

United States
    I have to update it.
    It says that the game gets spilt at 2gb, but now the standard is 4gb.
    dual layer game will just get stored in files of 4gb a piece, thats all

5. VashTS
    OP

United States
    cool doing it now, hope it goes smoothly, only 4hrs to transfer about 250GB pretty sweet program. again thanks for the help man. any links to how to use this with GX, do they just go on the root or do I have to make a folder for it?

ewww don't know if i want to do this now...i found out you can only use hermes 222/223 to load. I guess nothing major but im kinda a 249 believer. any compat issues with 222/223? I know it actually works with dual layer, i guess its not a problem?...

6. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    wwt, perhaps with
    Code:
    wwt -p source_wbfs extract --wbfs --split --dest dest_dir
    You can replace "-p source_wbfs" to "--auto" if the source is the only wbfs drive connected to the computer.

7. VashTS
    OP

United States
    Wow this Wii backup manager is actually quite terrible to use...I've tried transferring all of the files to my other external, nothing. I tried transferring all to internal HDD, nothing. Both failed while transferring. So finally after about 3 restarts and refreshing the drives and such, I got it to copy a file, I selected about 98 WBFS titles, and its starts to copy and then it finishes successfully. But for just 1 file. I give up now that I've removed a ton of titles from my WBFS partition to try to make space to fit on my HDD, so I'll probably spend another couple hours putting that back together. I'm really unimpressed with this backup manager.

Is it possible this manager doesn't work with NTFS very well? My desktop drives are both NTFS, thats the only issue I can think of that may be the problem, however as I stated above it *does* work, just with one game at a time. I'm about to just make a drive image and format a partition for FAT32, I only want to load homebrew from that and the rest I don't care about it can be WBFS

This is so annoying I'm pulling my hair out

8. xzxero

United States
    You're probably better just making a FAT partition then.
    I dont see why the program isn't working for you.

What type of HDD do you have?

9. VashTS
    OP

United States
    Its a WD My book 500gb and 1TB, internal I think is maxtor but its been so long i forget. Its seems like bugs in the program. I selected all files and hit copy to drive 2, when i had a WBFS folder set up and I also tried copy to wbfs file, selected a folder and nothing happened, only copied 1 file and it was the last game in the list too which is odd

10. xzxero

United States
    hmm, i transfer games daily with that program but it is a beta so you're probably better off using the wbfs_file.exe to extract your game if you still want to format your drive.

11. VashTS
    OP

United States
    i think it is file indexing in windows 7, i just turned it off and am not having the same problems i was having...it wasn't just the backup manager, it would stall on copying a large amount of data to my external as well...i was trying to transfer about 100GB to my 1TB external and it kept just stopping, i turned off indexing and it seems to working ok for now...im gonna give the program another shot after its done copying

nope not the issue with backup manager, tried to copy all games again and only did just 1 and it is the last one in the list. this has to be a bug, i redownloaded it, deleted the dir i had it in lets see what happens

nope still transfer just one file, damn this sucks...any way to contact the author or is there a forum for this program?