Hacking changing the size of a wbfs formatted drive

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to know if it is possible to change a wbfs formatted drive size without deleting any backed up games.
i got my 1TB drive about 4 months ago and i gave my wii like 500GB but i want to know if i can lower the size.

i can remember which thread i was reading a while ago but i read it suppose to be possible but its hard.i want to know if someone made a tool that can allow a person to resize the memory of a wbfs drive.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
You read the other thread maybe a week ago. Don't you think if somebody made a tool that you would have seen it here?

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically once you format a HDD to WBFS format then you cannot change it? Is it possible to reformat the entire drive, thus erasing everything on there?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yes, it is always possible to format an entire drive unless the hardware itself has been damaged. u can reformat it as wbfs, fat32, ntsf or any other file system u can think of.

so to recapture and lost space, back up ur games on ur pc, reformat ur drive as a fresh wbfs partition, then copy ur games back.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am fairly new to this, but I currently play my backups by disc. I want to go to a usb loader, so I was wondering if all HDD are compatible with the wbfs formatting, and if it is possible to take the discs I have and convert them to wbfs format through my computer and place on the HDD

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
spritefreak said:
I am fairly new to this, but I currently play my backups by disc. I want to go to a usb loader, so I was wondering if all HDD are compatible with the wbfs formatting, and if it is possible to take the discs I have and convert them to wbfs format through my computer and place on the HDD

not all are compatible. I know the WD My Passport drives work perfectly.

U can copy all ur disc backups to ur harddrive using only the wii, u dont even need a computer. Just run ur fav usb loader (I use usb loader gx), insert a game, and it will ask u to 'install' it, hit yes, and it will copy to ur drive

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I mean is, I have played backup games on disc that require you to configure the video mode in order for it to play in color. I was wondering if you have to do this with the usb loader?

Can you play usb loaded games online?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Pretty much anything you can do on a disc loader you can do via USB.

Also, Configurable USB Loader lets you convert ISOs and run them off of a FAT32 partition instead of having to convert your drive to WBFS. I'd look into that if I were you.

spritefreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that some loaders play FAT formatted games. Are all games compatible with the configurable usb loader? It is better than the usb loader gx?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1