FicticiousAnimation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, my name is Jacob.

I am new here, but you can trust that I will be contributing quite a bit once I get past a small problem: Custom DS2 skin freezing my DS2.

I made a Black Rock Shooter skin using the DSTWO Skin Editor, but my skin freezes my DS no matter what I do. I had to delete the skin, then boot with no UI and select one of the default skins to get it working again.

If you want to look at the files they're attached. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you for your time,
~Jacob, FA

Attachments

• Black Rock Shooter (2013) FicticiousAnimation.zip
    164.7 KB · Views: 206

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You appear to have incorrect dimensions (pixels) for a fair amount of icons.

active.bmp is 6x6, should be 9x9.
brightness.bmp is 19x22, should be 24x19.
btn.bmp is 47x14, should be 49x14.
btn3.bmp is 41x18, should be 47x14.
cardFrame0.bmp is 23x18, should be 33x19.
cardFrame1.bmp is 23x18, should be 33x19.
cheatbg.bmp is 246x192, should be 256x192 (DS resolution).
cheat_clearall.bmp is 18x14, should be 16x12.
clock_colon.bmp is 10x31, should be 14x17.
[...]
upper_screen.bmp is 300x188, should be 256x192 (DS resolution).

In particular, loading your upper_screen.bmp may be overwriting 7 kilobytes of data or code used by the EOS menu and causing the crash. Having lower dimensions for a full-screen image may not cause a crash, but it will look ugly.

I'd advise you to look at the dimensions of all of the images in the Pink or Silver themes shipped with EOS and adjust the images accordingly. Once your theme boots, edit /_dstwo/ui/Black Rock Shooter/uisettings.ini to set coordinates for various things, including the location of the game-name, game-code and game-icon on the Upper Screen when the user is selecting a game.

Instead of deleting the current theme and booting blind with an all-black UI, you can revert to the Pink or Silver themes on a computer. Open /_dstwo/globalsettings.ini and change uiName=Black Rock Shooter to uiName=Pink or uiName=Silver, then you can boot into a theme.

Reactions: VatoLoco

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The DSTWO skin installer, found here, works better than the one your using right now.
The one you're using has a lot of bugs and therefore doesn't work properly.
The DSTWO skin installer has a NDS program for the DSTWO where you can install skins through .ds2skin files.
.ds2skin files can be made with the PC program of DSTWO skin installer.
Do take in mind that the latest CATSFC and TempGBA updated by Nebuleon are not supported yet by the program because Nebuleon uses some different files and dimension for the GUIs on those emulators.

For the right dimensions and files for these emulators check out GUI of the emulators located in their respective /system/gui map.
Examples of .ds2skin files and how they work, can be found on this wiki.

I've also asked Stormwave, the author of the DSTWO Skin Installer, if he can update the program to work with the new emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse